Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

10 points!!!!!!!!! Hair advice?

so im gonna get feathered bangs!!! and lots of layers!! and i want to get my hair black!! or at least darker!!!! and my parents wont let me dye it so dont tell me to by like those dye things!! and ive alrede loked everything up so dont tell me that either!! wat i need EXACTLY! is a shampoo or a condioner that is.. cheap like i can afford it and i need it to have like idk somethin in it to make my hair darker!! i kno that theres shampoos that make ur hair lighter so theres gotta be darkening shamppo? rite Gimme a brand and where i can get hopefully i can get it at like walmart but ya.. 10 POINTS TO THE BEST ANSWER!!!!

Favorite Answer

Pros: Affordable, left my hair feeling soft, healthy, shiny

Cons: Uninspiring scent, dispenser hole too large

The Bottom Line: If you're looking for a great drugstore shampoo, this is it!

pilarzmom's Full Review: Pantene Pro V Brunette Expressions Color Enhancing...

Believe it or not, in all my years of trying different shampoos and conditioners, I never tried any of the heavily advertised Pantene products. But curiosity recently get the best of me. I had run out of beloved Matirx ColorSmart and didn't have time to make a trip across town to get another bottle. I'd seen the new Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions Color Enhancing Shampoo and decided to give it a shot. I was a little apprehensive since I am very careful about what I used on my color-processed hair. However, I need not have worried--Brunette Expressions turned out to be a great choice.

About the Product

Brunette Expressions comes in two formulations: Toffee to Almond, for lighter brunette shades, and Nutmeg to Dark Chocolate, for dark brunette shades. I selected the Toffee to Almond since my colored hair has a chestnut base with honey blond highlights.

The shampoo comes in a medium brown plastic bottle with dark brown lid and 13 ounces of product. To release dispenser, push down on dispenser button on lid. Close by simply pushing down.

Pantene claims that Brunette Expressions will "enhance depth and richness for multi-dimensional shine." With its Pro-Vitamin, moisture enriched formula, Brunette Expressions will "optimize your unique color by protecting against daily damage and stresses that can dull brunette hair." In addition, Pantene has added Oat Protein Extract to "give radiance to flat hair."(as quoted from label)

The shampoo itself is a light creamy color, somewhat thick in consistency. The scent is not particularly unique--a somewhat generic light, sweet floral scent.

Complete list of ingredients, as taken from bottle:

Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Panthenol (Pantene Pro-Vitamin Complex), Panthenyl Ethyl Ether (Pantene Pro-Vitamin Complex), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Avena Sativa Kernel Protein (Oat), Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Citrate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, PEG-7M, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ammonium Xylene-Sulfonate, Caramel

My Experiences

The first thing I noticed is that the hole on the dispenser is rather large and I squeezed too much out. I have since learned to be more careful as it comes out quickly and I only need about a quarter size amount for my layered hair that just touches my shoulders.

I wasn't turned off my the scent, but I wasn't particularly thrilled by it either. I guess I prefer more unique smelling shampoos and this smells like any of a half dozen other brands of shampoos in the drugstore, in my opinion.

The real test, however, was its performance. Brunette Expressions lathered well; maybe a little too well. Even when using less shampoo I got a ton of suds which can take a little too long to rinse.

Afterward, however, my hair felt great. It did feel nicely moisturized, soft and full of body. I only need to use a light spray-on type conditioner.

Would it add that "multi-dimensional shine" that Pantene touted? Well, this is a little difficult to tell. My hair is multi-colored as it is so it's a little hard to differentiate. But I will say this--my hair did look healthy and shiny. My scalp felt great, too. I had been a little worried about this since this shampoo produces a lot of suds.

I have to admit that I am quited surprised and pleased with the results of Brunette Expressions. I don't always have the best luck with drugstore brands of shampoo, but with Pantene I have learned there are some definitely very good ones out there.

Purchasing Information

I bought my bottle of Brunette Expressions at my Albertsons/Sav-On Drug Store for $5.99. It is available online at sites such as www.drugstore.com.