Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 10 years ago

obtaining a website back?

Heres the deal guys, I can build and design websites with general ease. I make them for friends here and there and they usually host them. Well, a local plumbing company wants me to build their website. The guy who was supposed to build it did a half *** job and never finished it. Getting a hold of the guy is impossible so obtaining it that way is not really an option. What are my options here? I did a whois search but it wasnt very helpful. For reference, the website is Oxnard Plumbing Co. Inc.

I forgot to mention that the owner "swears" he is not getting a monthly bill for hosting charges. So my guess is that the site is being remotely hosted..

• Viper
    Favorite Answer

You mean getting access to the domain name and hosting space? Doesn't the owner have a credit card bill from the hosting company? That should tell you who hosting it, then have the owner call them and he can get all the passwords etc.

Is it: http://OXNARDPLUMBINGCOINC.COM ???

If so, the name servers point to ns1.fatcow.com (which is hostingexpress.com)

The IP belongs to ISP ENDURANCE INTERNATIONAL GROUP INC

ISP domain: HOSTINGEXPRESS.COM

Try contacting hostingexpress I say.

Also I doubt it was a monthly bill - It would have been a yearly payment, so have the boss check his CC bill when the site started.

Why do you need the previous site builder?

Do you mean he registered the domain name OxnardPlumbing.com?

If so, that's against the ICANN rules unless Oxnard inc agrees to let him have it.

Companies/copyright holders have 1st rights for their like-named domains.

If that's the prob, contact ICANN on Oxnard's behalf w/ documentation, and request the previous guy be stripped of ownership, then you/Oxnard can buy it.

If the owner's not getting hosting charges, maybe it's not hosted: it doesn't have to be for the name to be owned. It can be just registered. Also, the true registrant can hide behind a proxy registrant, but the proxy has to answer to ICANN for any inquiries /problems coming to ICANN about the name.

Sometimes those proxies will quickly reveal the registrants true name,phone, address, etc, if the proxy gets a legal sounding letter demanding that.

• drown

If you're strolling unusual anti viral application, I believe you’ll be great. Don’t get paranoid. Any respectable virus has to propagate so, ship a couple of e-mails to peers, If they arrive again complaining that their method detected an endemic and used to be eliminated, then you realize you’ve get one. Ask them for the identify of the virus and take suitable movement.