Why are muslims always whining about tolerance when muslim nations give no tolerance in Islamic nations.?

Islamic nations have the worst record on freedom of religion. Yet muslims in the United States are continually saying how they want tolerance. I agree that the United States should be tolerant of all religions but what is up with the double standard going on?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

This is a Great point.. star for you.

Why is it that the Muslims whine and complain and want this and that from us.. and yet, just what kind of concessions does their home country give to our religions.

Any religion that would still "stone " someone to death, does not deserve our consideration or support.

Seems to me, if you come to America to make a new life.. that is a privilege.. don't screw things up by insisting you bring your antiquated immoral ways with you. Practice your religion, but do so quietly.. do not constantly shove it on the rest of us.

If any of this is not good enough for you.. then go back to where you came from!

• 9 years ago

In a Muslim country, just try teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ & see how 'tolerant' they are. This 'religion of peace' is a joke. The religion has raged war against everyone who is not a Muslim. Peace to them is defined when EVERYONE submits to Allah.

Most people in Islamic countries were forced to convert to Islam or meet your maker. You know, the religion of peace.. or something. They are hypocrites. Islam is not merely religion. It's a violent political ideology w/ its own laws & court system. You cannot be a real Muslim and NOT want Sharia. And, you cannot be a real American and want Sharia.

Legal Muslims who come to the US & want to assimilate, obey the laws & accept the tenets of the US Constitution are welcome. Until then, let them whine all they want. Its all propaganda. Islam is dedicated to the abolition of freedom of religion.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Muslims in the United States are American so they're entitled to the same tolerance as everybody else. Muslims in Saudi Arabia or Yemen don't get to complain or demand anything, but American muslims do because nobody said they agree with what other muslims are doing somewhere else.

People first came to the US because they were being discriminated against by Christians in Christian countries. It's very hypocritical to complain about muslims expecting tolerance when they do the same thing.

• 9 years ago

Your statements are false.

Muslims, in general don't whine. They don't, in general, whine about intolerance.

That's like saying the founders 'whine' about religious tolerance when they wrote the constitution.

The Muslims who are arguing for a right to have a mosque at the old Burlington Coat Factory in New York do so based on their constitutional right to worship as they see fit.

The fact that many Muslim countries don't have these constitutional rights is profoundly irrelevant as to how we have rights. We don't base our constitution on what Muslim states do. Why would you even imply that we should do such a thing?

It is no double standard for American Muslims to disagree with many Muslim states, just as it no double standard for nations to disagree amongst themselves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

In my experience immigrants from Islamic nations have moved to the United States because they appreciate the tolerance and freedoms we practice. They "whine" because they are Americans and deserve the right to be treated as human.

How wonderful it must be for them to be living in a country where they can CHOOSE whether or not they will pray and not be compelled to by their government!

The individuals here in the US are not exhibiting a double standard. The leaders in the countries they fled from are.

• 9 years ago

The simple answer is that we in the west are made up of many religions and cultures and that we have to be respectful of all religions and cultures. This applies to most western countries whereas most of the world the countries are made up of just one or two cultures and religions, and you can see that in those places there is no love lost between the majority and minority culture/religion.

The issue is complex and would most likely end up with a flame war or people being banned from Yahoo Answers because the answers they give wouldn't be politically correct and in some western countries be considered hate speech.

• 9 years ago

AMERICANS CAN BE TOLERANT ON RELIGION, HOWEVER, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE TOLERANT ON THE DISREGARD OF ANY RELIGION TO DANCE ON THE ASHES OF OUR 9/11 HEROES.. THE MUSLIMS SHOULD KNOW THAT.. IF THEY CLAIM TO BE AMERICAN.

BUT THEY ARE NOT.. THEY ARE SIMPLY MUSLIMS WHO LIVE IN THE U.S.. EARN OUR MONEY, USE OUR SERVICES AND YET STILL SERVE THEIR MURDEROUS RELIGION.

I know, not all Muslims are bad, I do know that.. but this travesty of a mosque is making it hard to defend a religion with so little concern for the feeling of their host country.

Go build your mosque back in whatever country you originated from... they will celebrate with you.. the deaths of our people.

It is just wrong. And I know I am being unfair.. and I am sorry and don't like it.. but I, like many others lost someone on 9/11 and I have not yet forgiven.. I am not that good a person.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Talk about setting the bar about as low as it can go.

The United States of America has no business comparing its respect for human liberty to that of the Middle East.

There is no double standard because the Middle East has no standard.

• So, you and the Republicans want to drag the United States down to the lowest possible level to match the intolerant extremists. That says loads about you and the Republican Party Line that you are parroting, you want to be just as extreme and intolerant as the very worst of another religion. Do you really admire them that much?

• 9 years ago

Because Muslim Americans do not live in Islamic nations. They are Americans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.