How many seconds/minutes of "silence" pass before you realize you need to go see what your kids are up to?

You know exactly what I'm talking about...that weird silence. The one that tells you when you reach their location you will find something like a kitchen smeared with chocolate pudding, your child playing barber shop with their own hair, etc. How many seconds/minutes pass in your home before you realize... show more You know exactly what I'm talking about...that weird silence. The one that tells you when you reach their location you will find something like a kitchen smeared with chocolate pudding, your child playing barber shop with their own hair, etc. How many seconds/minutes pass in your home before you realize something is up?

BQ: What percentage of the time do you go thinking the worst...and are pleasantly surpised instead?

BQ2: What is the WORST suprise you have found after that silence so far?
Update: No TD from me...this is supposed to be a fun question! :)