05 Taco TRD Off-Road, looking to improve off-road capabilites?

I own an 05 Toyota Tacoma with the TRD Off-Road package, and I'm wanting to take this off road. I know that it's capable of doing this to a degree, stock, as I've done it, but I'm looking to take it a bit further. The only thing I can think to consider is a lift kit for improved travel, but are there other things I should look into? Improved suspension? If someone could supply me with a list of the most important upgrades, I'd appreciate it.

Favorite Answer

since its a TRD i'm guessing you got the e-locker in the back USE IT that thing will get you through almost anything. as for suspension don't use blocks, toytec (toyteclifts.com) has a nice 3 inch lift kit. then get a good set of M/t or A/t tires. and if you're going for the rock garden then get some rock sliders and check out budbuilt.com for tons of skids and armor upgrades.

The best upgrade is to remove the "TRD" (Toyota Rust Development) stickers and replace then with some Chevy stickers, it will then go faster and go more places off road than ever before.

.

Source(s): The Raven.