Should Pfc. Bradley Manning be executed for treason and espionage?

Pfc. Bradley Manning is accused of leaking classified documents and video to Wikileaks and is currently being held in a Navy brig at Quantico VA. What do you believe his punishment should be and why?

I believe he should be executed if found guilty of those charges, if found guilty of lesser charges he should get Dishonorable discharge and RE4 code.

Favorite Answer

Yes.. for putting his fellow soldiers in harms way.

• If found guilty of Art 104 or 106A that could happen.

the list of possible charged Articles is:

90

92

104 Death

106A Death

119

134-25, 42,48,54

Unlike others this link includes penalty examples

Yes, he should be charged with treason!

As far as I am concerned, he put MY husband in danger by leaking information. It galls me that this guy is a private (which means he hasn't been in the army for very long) The US army is all volunteers, so he KNEW what the rules were when he signed up. No one made him join!

I'm not sure if he has even been deployed and I guarantee he hasn't been in combat because any soldier who has been deployed and in combat knows that even if you don't like how things are going YOU DON'T SELL OUT YOUR COMPATRIOTS!!! Not with information that could get them killed!!!

I'm not sure I want this kid executed but I sure would like to be left alone in a room with him for 5 minutes.

NO!

It's amazing how Americans can just turn on their on people!

Americans went from praising and praying for soldiers like Pfc. bradly Manning to wishing for his executing. SMH

I happen to like and admire people who are willing to say "No" to authority and to inform the rest of us. There's been no mass slaughter of military personnel in the war zones so it seems the information hasn't had much of a negative effect on our "war effort". In the last 10 - 15 years a lot of material that previously wouldn't have been classified is now stamped and filed away just to cover the butts of those in authority. I'd give Pfc. Manning a big parade.

• Dutch

Well if i were to say that, i would also say that he needs to be tried, as much of a scum as he is, we are not barbarians...