If you were a professional musician, what band would you BE like (NOT sound like)?

I'm not talking about genre or sound at all here.

I suppose it's best to explain with examples.

If you were a professional musician, would you/your band..

..be like Pink Floyd and have each album be a really long continuous song split into different tracks?

..be like pop bands and be more single-oriented, with less memorable full albums?

..be like Kamelot and have multiple albums connect together? (okay, only two of their albums but whatever)

..be like Opeth and be very song-oriented?

Who would you be like?

I would be like Led Zeppelin, almost never releasing singles and being album-oriented.

I would also be legendary (hehe)

BQ: Art Rock vs Math Rock? Or do you prefer Ancient History Rock?

Update:

@Mr. Self Destruct:

Math Rock + Post-hardcore/Metalcore = Mathcore.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I would be like Brian Eno.

I wouldn't release singles unless I needed the money, and the tracks on my albums would each be short, concise pieces which evoke (or ENOKE?) some sort of atmosphere.

BA: Art rock is the best sub-genre ever.

• 9 years ago

I would be like Led Zeppelin, almost never releasing singles and being album-oriented.

I would also be legendary (hehe) ::Gasps:: Thats what i was going to say. Fine since you said it first i'll choose a different one. I choose black sabbath my band would be credited for creating the genre metal.

BQ: Art Rock vs Math Rock? Or do you prefer Ancient History Rock? I'm unclear on what you want.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would be like Wilco, with a bit of Radiohead inside. I would release lots of studio albums, change record companies throughout my career, and change my sound alot. I hope that my 4th studio album ends up being the best out of all 11 albums, and I have a 100 show tour between every single album release. I hope to go on hiatus after my 7th album, and release a greatest hits after my 10th album. The comeback album will be decent, but not as good as my usual work. Now I'm just rambling on lol.

But you get the picture.

• I'd be very lyrics orientated. Possibly try to link all of the songs on an album together but they could be standalone too. I probably wouldn't connect the albums though. I'd be a bit like.. Well I can't think of anyone. Basically what I just described. Oh and I wouldn't have LONG songs and I would be totally MEMORABLE!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I'd be like King Crimson in that they recorded whatever and whenever they wanted to and then moved forward doing just that, changing only because they (mainly Fripp) felt the band should change, never because of some b.s. capitalistic concerns.

BQ: Art Rock, as it is Rock that strives to be creative and elevate the form to a point that it is actually interesting, tho I am big on some Ancient History concept albums... I guess. :P and some Ancient Music.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'd be like Protest The Hero how each of their albums tells a story and have a certain theme to them. I'd wouldn't mind sounding like them too though. I don't know if I'd love making 3-5 videos per album but I could deal with it.

BQ: Math Rock I guess, if it's anything like Mathcore.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would be like Iron Maiden and build an incredible fan base around the world, have a zombie on each of my album covers, and have 6 badasstastic band members.

BQ: Art rock :)

• Walter
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I'd be like David Bowie , very versatile ,change my sound at every 2 other albums and still sound like I'm the hottest motherfucka in the music scene no matter if I'm doing jungle music or psyche folk rock

• Gaby
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I'd be like arctic monkeys. We would start right after high school, come out with solid albums and a lot of EP's in between since wed be bored. We wouldn't let the public know all about our personal life, either.

• I'd be like Johnny Thunders and release albums somewhat sporadically, when I wasn't too high. And there'd be a lot of live ones.

BA: Art Rock.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.