Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

Old Cartoons and new ones?

I remember when I was little there where a lot of cartoons to watch. I remember waking up at 6 am or earlier to watch cartoons. Also at night watching in cartoon network Toonami, cartoon cartoon, merry melodies and the looney tunes.. I remember also:

dexter' lab, Justice Friends, Voltron, Bobby's World, Twinkle, Alvin chipmunks, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Doug, Barney, Sesame Street, Blues Clues, Batman, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Simpsons, Ninja Turtles, The Thick, Eartworm jim, Mighty Ducks, Winnie the poo, swat cats, flinstones, jetsons, catdog, animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, cow chicken, The Powerpuff Girls, captain planet, Johnny Bravo, Freakazoid, scooby doo, Darkwing Duck, Power Rangers, popeye, smurfs, Johnny quest, yogi, Wacky Races, ranma, Gargoyles, 2 stupid dogs, Street Sharks, thundercats, Josie and the Pussycats , woodpecker, pink panther, Duck Tales, Sailor Moon, Slam Dunk, sonic, mario bros cartoon, inspector gadget, Mr. Magoo, im with weasel, felix the cat, danny phantom, tennage robot, casper...

(I could go on and on)

what cartoons do kid watch now...

Hannah Montana, Jonas, spongebob (I think the only good cartoon right now)...

Really I remember that there were a lot lot of cartoons and there was variety also. Now wath do kid watch because as I pass the channels all kids programing isn't that good. What Happened?

another question if you remeber other old cartoons post them :P

Favorite Answer

What happened? A lot of good writers either retired or died. With Ren and Stimpy, the original creator only did 2 seasons since Nickelodeon kept trying to change his show. Nickelodeon's old nicktoons, the company kept trying to change them into what THEY thought viewers wanted to see so the writers couldn't take it and left.

With Cartoon Network, I believe a new president came into play. He/She apparently thinks that kids like live action better than cartoons so the President started to accept live action shows and stuff into its network. This is why Craig McCracken left, he didn't like the live action transition. He made Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Genndy Tartakovsky; creator of Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack, he has his own production company I think. He has a new cartoon coming in 2010 that is going on Cartoon Network.

Shows made by Hanna Barbera like Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Swat Kats, Yogi Bear, etc.: Well, William Hanna died in 2001, so Joe Barbera went to Warner Studios and worked with them. He wrote some of the new Scooby-Doo movies but then he died in 2006. Writers for these shows are either long dead or too old to continue working.

I know high school kids like Adventure Time with Finn and Jake; that's a funny show. For younger kids, I think Ben 10 Alien Force. Generator Rex got good ratings I think. I know Total Drama Wold Tour, older kids like it. I guess kids like ICarly since her show is still on. I hear kids hate Hannah Montana so I don't know who's watching it. That's all the info I got.

I remember Captain Planet, Swat Kats, Road Rovers, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Smurfs, Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Invader ZIM, Angry Beavers, Teen Titans, Batman: The Animated Series( The one that Paul Dini did), and Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles (both the 80's one and the 2003 version since the 2003 one ended last year and Nickelodeon owns the rights now)

I remember most of the ones you mentioned I remember when i was younger waking up early to watch Looney Tunes. I also watched Looney Tunes Rugrats Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Cat Dog Sponge Bob Squarepants, Doug, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain Batman, Pokemon, Cow Chicken, Dexter's Lab, Scooby Doo, Johnny Bravo, Street Sharks, Pink Panther, Invader Zim Inspector gadget, Danny Phantom, Rockos Modern World, Ninja Turtles Blues Clues, Tom and Jerry, Rocket Power, The Wild Thornberry's, Godzilla. Now I watch Looney Tunes, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Simpsons, American Dad, Metalocalypse, Archer, Beavis and Butthead, Spongebob Squarepants, Tom and Jerry, King of the Hill, and Invader Zim

I remember all the good shows as a kid. I used to watch Rocko's Modern life, My cousin skeeter, Kablam!, Catdog, the old spongebob, The Angry Beavers, Rugrats, hey Arnold!, Keenan and Kel, etc. I miss them so much. I remember a few years ago they used to show all the old shows on a channel and it made me really happy and remember the good old times. But they removed it for some reason and I'm not able to watch them anymore. ):

There are hardly any good kid shows nowadays. Even Spongebob changed and it's not as good as it used to be. It's really sad. I wish they could bring the old shows back, it would make a lot of people really happy.

I remember basically all of them, I also remember Rocko's modern life and Ren & Stimpy. And no I don't even think Spongebob is as good anymore, I heard that one of the writers left, so that's probably why it's so rubbish now. (They try so hard to be disgusting) Anyways, if you live in the UK you can still watch some of the old Cartoon Network shows on Cartoon Cartoons at 11pm til 1pm.

• ?

No one wants to animate anything anymore, so they move on over to live action shows. Honestly, they all suck. All except spongebob and that one has been around for quite a while now. I remember I really loved Alvin and the Chipmunks as a kid.

Man I loved watching Ninja Turtles, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Bonkers. I was so disappointed. I remember they used to have cartoons come on after school and now there are no cartoons after school. Just Saturday mornings and most of those suck now. I used to get up with my Daughter and watch Yu-Gi-Oh but the one that she likes doesn't come on anymore so she quit watching. There are no more Saturday cartoons in my house anymore. Now she gets up on Saturday mornings and Plays on the PS3 or watches Netflix. Its very Sad.

God, i remember the good old times where hey arnold would come on and pokemon, digimon, & partically every cartoon you listed!

&& the shows like thats so raven, lizze miguire, all that, amanda show, drake & josh, even stevens....

NOW, were stuck w/ crap like hannah montana, jonas( bad acting skills btw) icarly,true jackson( which i dont get) and other shitt i could care less about watching!

I wanna go back(:

Source(s): T.V.

Thundercats, Animaniacs, Spider-Man, Digimon, Sailormoon, The Looney Tunes Show, Flintstones, Tom and Jerry, Captain Planet....I watched a lot....I can't remember the other ones....

I miss all of those... Ed Edd n Eddy was my very favorite.. Those new shows like 'Regular Show' , 'Adventure Time', 'Chowder' , and that flapjack thing are all ƒυcking boring!!

hey Arnold best cartoon ever (i love south park to but wtf does that have to do wit this :) ) it tougth lessons and helga is epic

Source(s): hey Arnold fan forever <333