? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

How do you enter Safe Mode on American Megatrends Inc (AMI) BIOS Setup Utility v.02.58?

I'm trying to enter Safe Mode on my PC, so that I can bypass a virus and run a virus checker, but when I open the BIOS Setup Utility as my PC is loading I can't find the option that allows me to run in Safe Mode. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Favorite Answer

Safe mode is not a part of the BIOS, it's part of Windows. Press and hold the <F8> key while it is booting and you should have options for entering safe mode.

• valvo

American Megatrends Bios

If you can't get into the BIOS or Safe Mode then you may have a faulty keyboard or keyboard port on the computer that's not working properly. First power the troubled machine off and try swapping keyboards with the computer that does work, and try to get into the BIOS or Safe Mode. If it's a USB keyboard, also try plugging it into a different USB port. That's where I'd start. If that still doesn't get you anywhere, write back. Best of luck, GL

Safe Mode is not in the bios, it is part of the Windows program. When you switch on the computer repeatedly tap F8 until the black Safe Mode screen comes up.