Enlighten me: what has Islam done to better The people in Somalia and Afghanistan?

What about Iran?

Bq: have you heard of Ayaan Ali? What do you think of her? I think she's great

Favorite Answer

Somalia has been a Muslim state for centuries, even when Somalia's kingdoms were at the height of their power and flourishing (ie. Land of Punt, etc). Islam has been salvation for me during the hard times and good times when it seemed like I had nothing (I'm Somali). So it has done a lot for me.

The civil war in Somalia has everything to do with tribes and politics and nothing to do with religion. It was only recently when extremists came into the picture but they're not the ones fueling the war, it's tribalists and outside powers who have something to gain if Somalia remains in a state of chaos.

Ayaan Ali is a woman who grew up in Kenya, not Somalia, and her upbringing was heavily influenced by Saudi Arabian culture. She grew up not knowing the difference between culture and religion.

Excuse me, but u have some issues about the religion of Islam. Islam is simply the submission to god. it doesn't order people to kill each other or threaten or terror. these cruel things came from within the human being, and people from every religion do this. we all have seen christians, buddhism, jews, etc, kill each, terror other people and do all sort of evil things. So, without having any solid proof or knowledge of, don't blame Islam about situations that people have corrupted.

and about Ayaan, it's really up to her to change her religion, and she has the right to do whatever she desires, but Islam does not allow women to be played on or abuse them at all. it all says in the quran, so check it out. and to be honest, Islam is the safest religion if u follow it sincerely.

Source(s): i'm muslim, and somalian.

Those poor people need freedom. Ayaan Ali is a good woman, she spoke out against the abuses of women in Islam. It got Theo Van Goth killed and forced her into hiding, poor woman.

Could you imagine the clarity liberals would have if Christians were running the slave trade ( 2010 ) in that part of the world ( Sudan ) , instead of Muslim's ?

Or Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Egypt

Islame

It is all about muslims, all others are infidels.

• ?

What has Christianity done?

Murder them.