Crystal asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

What is the difference between a brazilian blowout and a brazilian keratin treatment?

I got the "Brazilian keratin treatment" done about a year ago, and I wanted to get it re-done, but lately I've been hearing a lot of talk about the "Brazilian blowout". Personally I loooved the Keratin Treatment, it worked great and lasted for a long time. And all I know is that the "Brazilian blowout" is way cheaper than the "Brazilian keratin treatment". (&because it's cheaper, wouldn't that mean it wouldn't work as well?) So are the results the same? Does the "Brazilian blowout" last for the same amount of time as the keratin treatment(which was about 4 months)?? Which one would be better to get?

-Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you had the Japanese Thermal Straightening service. If so, the difference between the two services is that The JTS is a perm its for ever till you cut it off and you will have regrowth to maintain and its more expensive. The BB is a semi service. Its NOT a perm. It coats your hair with amino acids and proteins that fill the cuticle of the hair which makes it smooth and silky. It last about 8 to 12 weeks depending on how you take care of your service, such as product as the number one maintance recommendation is to use the BB products. This service first removes frizz, then if you have wavey hair then you will have straighter hair. The more curl you have to start with the more wave or loose curl you will end up with since this is NOT a perm. BUT remember if its frizz you dont want to fight then this is the product you will love. It also improves the condition of your hair each time you have the service done. You will notice that your hair will start to feel thicker, and take longer to dry when your ready to have this done again. Then you will have the entire service done from roots to ends where as the JTS is only done on the roots because if you go through all the hair on a retouch, your hair will break. If you have any other questions please email me and Hairrzr@earthlink.net or call @ 1 760 684 0696

Thanks and have a great day

Melinda Douglas/ md-hairdesign.com