RLP
Lv 4
RLP asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why did Obama HOST a Ramadan Iftar dinner but yet he CANCELED the National Day of Prayer ceremony at the WH?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/1...

President Obama will host an iftar — the special evening meal observed during Ramadan — on Friday night in the White House dining room.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-salt-lake-cit...

Obama cancelled 2010 White House National Day of Prayer ceremony. The National Day of Prayer has historically been the first Thursday in May, since Harry S. Truman put it into effect in 1952, but wasn’t official until the days of Ronald Reagan.

For eight years, the White House held a celebration on the National Day of Prayer, and last year Obama cancelled the celebration, and the ceremony has been cancelled for 2010. In 2009, CNN reported that Obama was toning down the National Day of Prayer by cancelling the White House ceremony, but that the official day was not cancelled.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

he is anti Christian. he hasnt had a Christmas dinner has he?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

You guys on the right sure do like to ***** and moan and whine about absolutely nothing, don't you? Tell me, did you ***** and moan and whine when Bush held a Ramadan dinner? Did you ***** and moan and whine each year when Obama issued a presidential proclamation calling for a national day of prayer? Why is it also necessary for him to put on a show at the white house to prove that he is serious?

• 10 years ago

He's standing with his muslim brothers. He loves the sound of the call to prayer. He was raised in a muslim culture that teaches hate for Americans and Christians. He is a POS.

• ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Why does any one care?

We are engaged in two wars.

We have an economy about to go under for good.

We have the most expensive health care in the world.

We have 9.5% unemployment.

But OHHHH NOOOOOOOO! The most important thing in the entire country is Obama canceled a prayer breakfast and hosted a R$Ramadan dinner,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Because he wants to cater to the Muslims and bring them here because the Muslims who are financially well off will come here and contribute to the U.S.economy and to the politicians who will make laws to benefit them for a contribution! pres Obama really fooled the poor, ignorant masses, especially Hispanics, when he promised them fairness, equality and economic help, along with amnesty!

Source(s): my own observation
  • 10 years ago

President Obama also hosted Seder Dinner at White House. Does that mean anything?

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

He spent his entire formative life and early adulthood celebrating Ramadan because O is a Muslim.

I don't hold it against him that he celebrates his customs, he misses them.

I wish he wasn't doing it in the white house though.

• 10 years ago

My nephew is serving in army . what the heck is wrong with obama not letting the nation pray togther so that God can protect them and they protect us. what is he thinking putting a masque at ground zero

Source(s): my nephews father
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

He's taking a page out of John Kerry's book:

He's FOR religious liberty after he was AGAINST it.

• 10 years ago

Do you really have to ask why?? Obama is a muslim... obama is un-American... obama hates America.. Obama wants to destroy America.. obama is not an American.. he is not for the American people.. obama needs to be THROWN OUT

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Hussein is a muslim. Has been, is, and always will be. It's that simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.