1) NO. Allah (GOD) doesn't hold you accountable for something you didn't have control over. If you are white, black, brown or any other colour on the rainbow, It doesn't matter. What matter is your piety and righteousness. You Imaan, your faith. Im Indian and most people throw me wierd look and ask me "Are you Muslim or Indian" I say BOTH :)
2) I respect converts alot. It teaches me that if Allah wants to guide you, He will and He is All-Powerful. Many people born as Muslims are Muslims because a their ancestors were. They follow Islam as if it were a culture, a mere tradition. But converts have to go seeking for the truth, and therefore they appreciate it more. You are special. God chose you for Islam. He is giving you a shot at Paradise and will forgive all your past sins.
3) Go to the nearest Masjid (Mosque) and talk to the Imaan (sort of like the preist?) There are many Islamic courses out there. The best of the best would be the Al Maghrib Institute. The teach courses in Canada, Ameria, UK and Austraila. Google it and find out the next when the next course is in your city.
4) YES. In fact you have to . Your family has rights over you. They are blood ties that God choose to make, You can't break them. I'd see this as an oppurtunity to tell your family about Islam. If your family converts, you get the same reward as them, without their reward being reduced. For ex: if you are going over for Christmas, don't sing carols.
5) Hijab is not just clothing, you have to understand that. Hijab should be worn as a character. They're should be Haya'h (modesty) in your actions, words and your clothing as well. I wear a head scarf and long shirts. You don't have to wear an Burqa but it's your choice. Anything that will don't attract attention. This can include, noisy high-heels, strong perfume, too much make up, anything that make people notice you TOO MUCH.
6) NO, sorry you can't be a singer. Singing is not Haram as long as the lyrics are 'good' and modest and they're isnt heavy background music (Scholars have different opinions thou).They're nasheed that will sustitute for your music. Search Zain Bhika on Youtube, HES AMAZING! If you have a good voice, try using it in the way of Allah by reading the Qur'an with proper Tajweed. But the beauty of your voice is only for your husband, no other males.
7) NO, again anything that shows off your grace and beauty is not to be seen by male except your husband.
8) YES, you can have them. Nose and ears are fine, Eyebrow, tounge etc is considered vulgar and won't fit in with your Hijabi, modest character.
9) The Masjid. They most probably will tell you about Islam and make you take the Testimony of Faith (the Shahadah : La ilaha ilallah muhammadur rasool allah) at some gathering where people will witness you saying it.
10) Wala hu alam, Allah know best. I don't know enough, but ask the Imaam about it at the mosque. He is more knowlegdeable. Islam is peaceful. Islam comes from the root word 'Salam' which means peace. Don't let the media tell you how to judge people.
You are truly lucky. God chose you. May He reward you for the efforts you are making. It'll make sense later. Do consider the Al Maghrib courses. They're excellent and taught by qualified scholars. They are about 165$ but you can email them for a scholarship which is about 65$.
May Allah reward you with Firdous Al-Ala (highest level of Paradise)
· 9 years ago