Are white owls good or bad luck?

I was outside last night (morning, whatever) watching the meteor shower when this white owl flew by and squeaked. (It wasn't the hoot sound.) I watched it go into a tree a few houses down.

I've read they're good luck, but I've also read they can indicate death. Strangely enough, I found out this morning that one of my cousin's died. I'm not saying the sighting of the owl was a warning, though, because I always thought white owls were good luck.

Anyone?

• JC
    Favorite Answer

White Owl and its meaning

Owl: symbol of Magic, Wisdom

The Owl was associated with the Greek goddess Pallas Athena. Soldiers have held the Owl as a special bird because it stays awake at night, which is the hardest time for soldiers to stay awake. Some Native Americans see the Owl as the symbol of the soul.

The owl has exceptional vision and sense of hearing. It symbolizes wisdom and ability to see and hear clearly despite the darkness. To bring out your hidden qualities keep an owl in your home. The owl is the symbol of magic. Powerful magic, good omens, prophecy, astral travel, power to see the un-seen, all seeing knowledge, great wisdom, good luck, power of the moon and night, insight, giving and receiving messages, clairvoyance, religious beliefs, communication with the sprit world, and insight into others true motives.

Source(s): Sharron Simmie White Owl Wellness

They are bad luck, they are a symbol of a nearby death of a loved one.

Have you ever heard of the story "The White Owl"? It tells about a boy who's brother dies after they went into the forest when they were younger and spotted the White Owl. Then later in the book him and his American cousin go into the forest and see the White Owl and soon the cousin dies after that by getting hit by a falling tree.

So yes, White Owls are very bad luck :(

• Tamara

Owls are relatively endangered, seeing one is always good luck for the environment.

Owls are sacred to MInerva and Athena.

• kozzm0

White owls aren't any kind of luck at all, except they're bad luck for mice.

Owls are not bad luck they are a powerful totem whose wisdom is; pay attention to signs.wisdom

NOT BAD LUCK OR DEATH

Hay that is cool. Now you will never forget the sound of that bird, flying free!! God knows what is Cool, to fly like a bird! Party oN.

What has a silly bird got to do with your Luck. Stop being superstitious.