? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

19 year old not wanting a birthday party?

My 19-year-old son does not want to do anything to celebrate his birthday. He doesn't want to have a party with his friends, not a party with his family, he doesn't even want to go on a mini-vacation.He just wants to be left alone on that day.

What are the possible reasons for such behavior? Is there anything I can do to help him? Any help is much appreciated.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Have you thought that maybe he just wants some him time?

Has he seemed unusually withdrawn and depressed for a while or is he just resistant to the idea of a birthday soiree?

I turned 19 last month and I did the exact same thing because I really just wanted to chill and kind of enjoy the day myself without all the hub bub. If your son's the same I wouldn't try pushing a party on him (like...at all).

But...like I said...there are probably other questions you need to be answering that we can't answer for you.

• 9 years ago

He just doesn't want a party. I haven't had a birthday party since I was in 7th grade.

• 9 years ago

I never had a 16th, 18th, 21st and i wont be having a 30th (in 5 days) I just couldnt be bothered with it to be honest, maybe he feels the same

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Maybe he just doesn't want a party.. I didn't want one for my 14th birthday. It's his birthday, he should get to do what he wants, which is have no party.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

i wouldnt worry about this too much....im 20 and i have felt this way before in past....it was not because of depression or anything...more of just a "im too cool to do anything on my birthday, therefore i will do nothing to make everyone say wtf" kind of thing lol

thats the only way i can explain it

• H2H
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

when i turned 19,18,17,16 ect. i didn't want to do anything either just wanted to relax he just is getting older

• 9 years ago

he's 19. That's why. Buy him a hooker.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.