? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

19 year old not wanting a birthday party?

My 19-year-old son does not want to do anything to celebrate his birthday. He doesn't want to have a party with his friends, not a party with his family, he doesn't even want to go on a mini-vacation.He just wants to be left alone on that day.

What are the possible reasons for such behavior? Is there anything I can do to help him? Any help is much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Have you thought that maybe he just wants some him time?

Has he seemed unusually withdrawn and depressed for a while or is he just resistant to the idea of a birthday soiree?

I turned 19 last month and I did the exact same thing because I really just wanted to chill and kind of enjoy the day myself without all the hub bub. If your son's the same I wouldn't try pushing a party on him (like...at all).

But...like I said...there are probably other questions you need to be answering that we can't answer for you.

He just doesn't want a party. I haven't had a birthday party since I was in 7th grade.

I never had a 16th, 18th, 21st and i wont be having a 30th (in 5 days) I just couldnt be bothered with it to be honest, maybe he feels the same

Maybe he just doesn't want a party.. I didn't want one for my 14th birthday. It's his birthday, he should get to do what he wants, which is have no party.

• ?

i wouldnt worry about this too much....im 20 and i have felt this way before in past....it was not because of depression or anything...more of just a "im too cool to do anything on my birthday, therefore i will do nothing to make everyone say wtf" kind of thing lol

thats the only way i can explain it

• H2H

when i turned 19,18,17,16 ect. i didn't want to do anything either just wanted to relax he just is getting older

he's 19. That's why. Buy him a hooker.