Do you think I am eligible for TPS?

I am an haitian national who lives in Buffalo New York since after the earthquake in Haiti and I am interested in applying for the TPS .. As I travelled every year in the states, I wonder if I am elligible for TPS ... because I wasn't there in the states before january 12th, but I do travel frequently in the US since 2003. Do you think I am eligible ? because the note on USCIS says people who FIRST entered the US after january 12th ..What do you think ..? Should I apply ?

I contacted someone and she said if I can prove I was physically present before there could be a chance of obtaining it eventhough I reentered on the21st of march ... but, I'm a frequent traveller in the states .. I travelled more than once a year in that country since 2003 ... it's like I reside here ... residing doesn't mean that you cannot travel for a while out of the country and then come back ... a visa is a temporary residency card after all and mine is a 5-year one ..What do you think ?

Also, in the Date of Entry of the form should I put the date I recently entered or the day I FIRST entered the united states i.e in 2004.? Please, advise me ...!!

4 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Unfortunately no, you are not eligible. When they say you have to have physical presence BEFORE January 12 they mean you must have been here ON that date or prior. So even if you were here before that date and you LEFT and came BACK till march then you were not a constant presence before that date. Therefore, you are not eligible for TPS

    Source(s): personal experience. I have TPS
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    You are eligible to apply for TPS. Once your application is received, CIS will make a decision. Send your application form, I-821, to:


    P.O. Box 660167

    Dallas, TX 75266-0167

    There is a fee of $50. If you want an Employment Authorization Card, you must file form I-765 with a fee of $340 plus the biometrics services fee. The only way to find out if you are eligible is to apply.

    The CIS office in Buffalo is at 130 Delaware Avenue. There's plenty of parking near the building.

    If you are granted TPS, you may apply for advance parole by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. If approved, you’ll be given an advance parole document. An advance parole document allows you to depart the U.S. and re-enter as long as the advance parole document remains valid.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    How many times do you need to be told ... No ...

    fraudulent applications will get you deported

    Go see a Aila lawyer for more info

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Ed
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    The rules and applications are here:

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.