clifford asked in HealthDental · 10 years ago

cure for bruxism or teeth grinding?

teeth grinding at night

Favorite Answer

Buy a night guard. You can get them from a drug store or your dentist.

There is no known cure for bruxism and the only thing you can do is try to minimize the damage it can have on your teeth by wearing a special appliance made by a dentist. The problem with store bought mouthguards are poor fit and being soft instead of hard. A hard appliance made out of dental acrylic will allow the teeth to slide smoothly as if they were on ice skates. The less resistance there is when you grind your teeth, the better it will be for the mouth muscles.

Source(s): DDS

I grind my teeth too. And I was talking to my orthodontist about it bc I grind my bottom teeth against my retainer on top and I asked if that was bad but he said no...its better the retainer than your teeth but I feel like its bad that my teeth are grinding against plastic since the retainer has like almost holes in it! My orthodontist isn't the smartest person haha. I have no idea what to do! My teeth are already so tinyy!!!

get a grind guard and ask a doctor over the phone

hope this helps:)