Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is the reason why libs in Maxine Waters district still support her because of the free handouts?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. That would be the only reason why anyone would support her still. Liberals love free handouts instead of actually earning things

• 1 decade ago

So when it is 'help' for the poor and middle class it is a hand out, when it is billions for a company like BP it is a God Sanctioned Blessing - - - Maxine Waters has worked hard to bring benefits to her community and that includes job programs that have gotten people back to work - - - the only reason people like yourself and others hater her is because of her efforts to help the poor and middle class and most likely the fact that she has a darker than average tan.

(I guess John Bone-Ers Orange Glow is more 'natural')..

Two of the HORRORS from the article you listed:

\""Watts resident Richard Alford, 39, said he's sought repeated help from Waters' office and has never been turned down.

"She's always been accessible, and that's refreshing," Alford said. "That's why people love her so much."

He said she personally sat in on his tests and interviews years ago when he was applying for a construction training program he learned about through her office.

Her staffers were also quick to check the veracity of rumors that administrators at the housing project where he lives were disproportionately evicting African-Americans, Alford said. And when housing project administrators sought to evict his grandmother because a cousin living with her got in trouble with police, Waters staffers interceded to save her home."

A TRAINING PROGRAM Implies helping the man get a job hardly a 'hand out' more like a hand up and keeping people from being evicted - - - Yikes - -- wouldn't America just be so much better if the homeless population TRIPLED!

Waging war against the poor and middle class is sick but since a majority of people agree with your argument that sickness is obviously widespread.

Peace/\\\\

Now do I get my angry thumbs down...

• Nikki
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Uh huh. That's why Carlie Rangel will get reelected...why Marion Barry was reelected mayor of DC after a crack cocaine conviction & why so many inept, too long in office pols will be too.

• cantcu
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Probably the same reason all the Republicans still support crooks like:

Current GOP Senate Minority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., "is pushing $25 million in earmarked federal funds for a British defense contractor that is under criminal investigation by the U.S. Justice Department and suspected by American diplomats of a longstanding, widespread pattern of bribery allegations." (Oct. 27, 2007)

Senator John McCain likes to claim credit for rooting out the corruption of lobbyist Jack Abramoff to burnish his alleged "maverick" reformer image. Yeah, not so much. McCain's job was actually to limit the scope of the damage caused by Abramoff's lobbyist ties to GOP legislators and the White House.

Senator John Ensign of Nevada, another "family values" warrior who was in charge of getting more Republicans elected in 2008 had to admits to cheating on his wife with a campaign aide who was married to another Ensign staffer.

According to L. H. Carter, reported to be one of Newt Gingrich's closest friends until a falling-out in 1979, "Newt is amoral. There isn't any right or wrong, there isn't any conservative or liberal. There's only what will work best for Newt Gingrich."

Mary Kahn, wife of Mr. Gingrich's Congressional campaign manager during the 1970s said, "Newt uses people and then discards them as useless. He really is a man with no conscience. He just doesn't seem to care who he hurts or why." Keep those to quotes in mind as you read what Mr. Gingrich told the Washington Post on January 3, 1995: "I have an enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet. And I am doing it."

"When Henry Hyde (R-Illinois) was a mere state representative back home in Illinois, being a devout practicing Catholic husband and father of four sons, didn't hamper his five (or seven) year affair with a married woman with three kids, an affair that continued even after the woman's husband, Fred Snodgrass, found out about it and demanded that Hyde leave his wife alone.

Yet, when this leader of the Clinton impeachment process in the Congress was asked how he felt about his own infidelity and the breaking up that family, he exonerated himself on the basis that it was "a youthful indiscretion" (committed in his early forties when he was not much younger than Clinton!).This same . "Mr. Roman Catholic Layman", who divorced his wife of 45 years in 1992, was the leading spokesman for the Catholic pro-life stance in the Congress."

Rick Renzi has been indicted (not convicted, as of early 2008) on charges he promised to support legislation in exchange for a land deal that netted the Arizona Republican more than $700,000, the Justice Department said Friday. (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/22/renzi.indic... The 35-count indictment names Renzi, two other businessmen as defendants."

Bill Thomas (R-California):

This 11-term Republican is chairman of the Ways and Means subcommittee on Health. In June, (2003?) the Bakersfield Californian reported that Thomas, who is married, was having an affair with health care lobbyist Deborah Steelman, who steered huge campaign gifts to Thomas' war chest. In an "open letter to friends and neighbors" (voters), Thomas did not deny the relationship, but said during his legislative career, " . . . Any personal failures of commitment or responsibility to my wife, family, or friends are just that, personal. I have never traded a public responsibility for a personal one and I never will."

At least she did it for others, if she did it, unlike Republican crooks and hypocritical phalanderers

(gopcorruption)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Did Republicans in Alaska vote for Palin because of the free oil profit handouts?

Besides, I thought Republicans were in favour of charity? Yet here you are criticizing it.

• Romeo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yep. Also her husband serves on the board of a bank and owns stock in the bank that got bailout money.

http://politifi.com/news/Maxine-Waters-Influenced-...

• 1 decade ago

She a sissta and posed to be gibben me mo entitlments, i vot fer here all day baby

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.