How many unemployment extensions are there in NJ?

I lost my job March 2010 and my benefits will be exhausted in less then a month. How many unemployment extensions are there that i will qualify for in New Jersey?

• CarolO
    Favorite Answer

Under the current rules and regs, you will be eligible for an additional 20 weeks of benefits under Tier I. That will carry you past November 30, 2010. You will not be eligible for any additional benefits after that because you will not be allowed to apply for the other Tiers after November 30. You will only be able to collect those 20 weeks.

If, however, the unemployment rates are still high at the end of November, it is possible that Congress will again extend the date for applying and you may be eligible for additional Tiers. Unfortunately, no one knows what Congress will do, so don't count on anything past those additional 20 weeks.

Nancy Pelosi did sign a temp emergency money to be paid relationship lower back to June 2. The senators easily get to appreciate a week long trip for the trip journeys meanwhile hundreds of thousands of human beings are hungry & on the verge of homelessness. they are going to vote lower back till June 12th while congress resumes. i'm advantageous it is going to bypass then, yet be arranged for it to no longer final previous November. i be attentive to many human beings in the comparable place. solid success to you.