Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 10 years ago

what does the infinity symbol mean?

im 17 and thinking about getting a tattoo of the infinity symbol just below my neck tonight, i know it means living without boundaries and living without any end type of thing, which represents to me when my mom passed away last year from cancer, it was a extremely hard thing to go through, but i did it and always thought positive through it

however, im not a religious person at all, and when looking through the internet about the symbols meaning i saw alot of pages saying its a representation of religion?

is this true? what are the other meanings for this symbol? if it is commonly seen as something religious please tell me, because i wont get it

• Mrs. S
    Favorite Answer

I've never really considered it a religious symbol at all. It's more recognizable as a mathematical symbol than anything. I think it would be very cool way to honor your mom.

When I think infinity the following words come to mind: everlasting, eternal, boundless, absolute, unmeasurable.

• emrich

Infinity Symbol Meaning

Sorry about your mother :\

The infinity symbol is an endless loop once traced with a pointer or finger, its like a figure of eight on a side - never ending - it means nothing else, just infinity. Some religious people might represent it as the afterlife for eternity, but its really not; and is usually globally seen as just an infinity symbol meaning infinite and non finite.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what does the infinity symbol mean?

im 17 and thinking about getting a tattoo of the infinity symbol just below my neck tonight, i know it means living without boundaries and living without any end type of thing, which represents to me when my mom passed away last year from cancer, it was a extremely hard thing to go through, but i...

Source(s): infinity symbol mean: https://biturl.im/yvqfo

Google "temporary tattoos". They look realer than real. Try out you idea then, if you like it, get a real tattoo (looks almost as real as a temporary tattoo).

• Janet

never ending, unboundedness

neverending