Sunburn blister help!?!?!?

I was out in the sun at a water park for about 8-9 hours. My sunscreen got lost- maybe even stolen- I dont know. So I was without sunscreen. When I got home my sunburn was AWEFUL. I looked like a radish. My sunburn is on my neck, arms, legs, and face. When I woke up today, there is a small patch of blisters on my arm, and some on my face..... I have a few questions...

1. How long do these take to go away?

2. How can I get rid of it easier, healthier, or quicker?

3. What do I do if they pop?

4. How can I hide them? ( can I put some cover up on them or will take irritate them? )

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks....!

Wow. Thank you so much! I will be using everyones stuff to try and help. I will still give the points out to someone, still. But I wish I could give some to all of you. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!

• Lv 7
    Favorite Answer

I'm a ginger/red head that grew up in Arizona... So I've dealt with this before... More times than is healthy...

1. It can take a week for the skin to heal, but you have to be VERY careful with the healing skin for a LONG time after the blisters go away. You will peal multiple times because this series of blisters is the dead surface skin... That isn't related to the damaged 2nd layer of skin that will have to heal then peel.

2. Make this soak for your tub.

1. 1/2 to 1 cup of powdered milk.

2. 1 cup of quick cooking oats OR whole oats (not "Irish Style" but rolled oats) that can work whole, but work better if you can put them in a food processor.

3. 1/2 to 1 cup of epsom salts.

4. *Optional 1/2 cup of honey.

5. *Optional 6 aspirin, ground in to a powder.

Mix all of that together in a bowl then put a cup of the mix in to an old sock or, preferably, the foot of an old pair of panty hose leaving room for the mix to expand. Tie that so that it hangs under the spigot of your tub, run a warm to cool bath that won't cause your damaged skin to hurt, but let the hot water run through the sock for a few minutes just to make sure all the good stuff is extracted from the sock. When the tub is full, put the sock in the tub to soak while you do... You can even use the sock to dab at the sore skin.

NO MORE SUN EXPOSURE UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY HEALED!!!!!! I can't stress this enough... Put SUPER STRONG sun screen even on the damaged areas before leaving the house!!

3. Don't worry about the blisters popping. You will get 2 series of "Blisters", the first is actual blister but the second is just sweat build up under the damaged, still healing skin. If the blisters pop and seep, apply some gauze over it with some aloe jell containing either benzocaine or lidocaine. Don't "Pop" the 1st series, but go ahead and "Pop" the 2nd to get the sweat out.

Keep the skin moisturized. Use an antibacterial cream in the day, when you will sweat and be exposed to the elements, and if it hurts too much to sleep, take up to 800MG (4 pills) of ibuprofen before bed, never exceeding 2400mg of ibuprofen daily, and go to WalMart or your local chemist/pharmacy and get a tube of 20% Benzocaine "Anti Itch Cream". You find this in the Yeast Infection Section... Yes, Vagisil Anti Itch Cream or the store brand equivalent.

It is made for a woman's vagina, but numbs any skin it comes in contact with and I use it for all sorts of skin problems from dry itching at night to the pain of shingles/cold sore.

Cold compresses with a paper towel soaked in water with dissolved epsom salts in it works wonders.

4. No Makeup other than a "Mineral" powder. NO LIQUID MAKEUP!!! That can build up bacteria and lead to infection, which can cause scaring and you don't want THAT on your face!!!

If you NEED a cover up some spots, use a Sulfur Based tinted cream like "Clearasil Stayclear Adult Tinted Treatment Cream" http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Acne/Staycl...

I've seen many brands of this in stores so choose what you want, but you need to use an antibacterial tinted cream and that pretty much keeps you to a sulfur cream.

When you get out of the shower, use a lotion like Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Moisturizin... or the store brand, I use Wal-Mart's brand.

At night, use a medicated cream specifically for burns like First Degree Burn Cream http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/182-9906328-6...

Don't worry about acne until you are healed!!! Use what HEALS your skin and worry about zits after you no longer have a massive risk of infection.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Sunburn blister help!?!?!?

I was out in the sun at a water park for about 8-9 hours. My sunscreen got lost- maybe even stolen- I dont know. So I was without sunscreen. When I got home my sunburn was AWEFUL. I looked like a radish. My sunburn is on my neck, arms, legs, and face. When I woke up today, there is a small patch of...

Source(s): sunburn blister help: https://tinyurl.im/qcSp1

Well done for using aloe vera gel and zinc, that would be the first thing I'd put on my horse if it had a sunburn but aloe vera gel does tend to dry up skin. Use a rich moisturizer like original nivea creme. Never put any strong chemicals on it or else that will kill good bacteria in the wound. Also, it depends how long she's had sunburn, if she's had it for a few days carry on as you are, keeping your horse out of the sun and if she doesn't improve, use a good old fashioned moisturizer to keep the skin supple and hydrated. To prevent this from happening in the future, turn your horse out at night and bring in in the day if possible, put suncream on your horse when out in the sun and put a nose veil on and ride at cool times of the day in the shade. Hope my answer was what you were looking for! Good luck! x x

these could take about a week to 2 weeks to go away. If you moisturise it twice or even 3 times a day, it will peel less and it will be healthier to your skin when it is healing. If it pops, just clean it up very gently with warm water, and pat it dry, then put a band aid over it so it doesn't get infected. Don't put cover up on them because it could infect them and make it worse and more painful. Hope I helped :) xx

• Since you have sun burn blisters it takes few days to subside. Keep in indoors and expose again to sun or lighting or artificial lighting. Apply cucumber paste externally to heal quickly. You should wear cotton loose clothing and do not cover tight with any bandages etc., as they worsen the condition. For speedy recovery apply CANTHARIS OINTMENT a homeopathic product if available there.

Source(s): satmedica.com - an experienced homeopathic on line source.

I know it sounds crazy but i have a way to help. You need to put egg whites on it (thats the part of the egg that isn't the yolk).