Lana asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 10 years ago

Which Canadian universities offer full scholorships?

heyy all,

I want to apply for a scholorship for the second semester to study abroad in Canada.

Preferably a full scholorship, i wish to study some type of engineering with a minor in Urban planning.

Which of those universties are most likely to offer full scholorships?

Dalhousi University, Halifax.

University of Waterloo, Waterloo-Kitchiner.

Ryerson University

Manitoba University

Im not sure Ryerson and Manitoba are good universities though.

Any extra information about universities would be helpful and most welcomed.

thank you so much (:

*P.S: when having a full scholorship. Is it possible to change majors?

For example I think i like urban planning but im nto sure so i want to take it as a minor, if i like it a lot and realize its what i want to do as a major, is it possible to change majors


Im canadian!

Update 2:

scholarship* big deal!

anyway, I am Canadian, i was born there but I don't live there at the moment.

However, i do have the reallyy high marks.

Im thinking Concordia? Since i have family there, would it be possible to take a minor in one university and a major in another?

I know its a no,probably, figured it's worth the possiblity.

5 Answers

  • mms's
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Just a little fyi, scholarships pay for tuition not cost of living ie. dorms and food etc. You can certainly apply for scholarships and bursaries and perhaps cobble together enough funds to attend school provided you meet the requirements for each scholarship/bursary your applying for. No you probably won't be able to switch majors because some scholarships are subject specific and your funds will be cut off.

    oh btw urban planning is at the Cambridge campus of U of W and engineering is at the main campus in Waterloo. Both are highly intensive programs and due to the work load and the commuting, I haven't personally heard of anybody combining the two.

    Source(s): went to waterloo and work at the univeristy
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Jim B
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    If you are NOT a Canadian citizen, you won't qualify for any scholarships in Canada.

    Before you can come here, as a student, you MUST apply and be accepted, by a Canadian University, and have a letter of acceptance in your hand. THEN you must apply to the Canadian Federal Government, for a "International Student Visa " . When you have your visa, you can come to Canada to study. Don't plan on being able to work in Canada, as your full time job will be to study. When your courses are over, you go back home.

    You will need to be able to show that you have enough cash to be able to cover ALL of your living costs while in Canada, plus your course fees and books. You will not be able to access any of our social services, including universal health care, so you will need to buy a private medical care insurance policy for the time that you will be living in Canada.

    Jim b.


    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

    Almost all universities offer full scholarships - but not to all students. You have to qualify for a scholarship - and that involves super high marks, community service and a number of other things. If you are interested, write to the university you would like to attend and ask about qualifying for a full scholarship.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Lori
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    Foreign students are not eligible for scholarships.Generally scholarships are not offered by the university itself.Scholarships from organizations and individuals generally are very difficult to get and you have to meet very specific conditions and usually have to have very high acedemic marks to qualify.Nobody goes around just handing out full scholarships.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    Canadian universities do not offer scholarships to foreign students. Foreign students must be able to pay for their studies and all other expenses by themselves as they are ineligible for any kind of student financial assistance.

    btw, it's "scholarship" not "scholorship"

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.