How can I convince my mom into letting me buy a gun?

I'm 14 and I've asked my mom if I could get a gun a couple times now, but she still says no. I want to get a .22LR rifle just so I can take it to the gun range with my friends to shoot.

Update:

I asked for answers not more parenting

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

maybe your mom wont let you get a gun because she cares about you

parents usually aren't out to ruin children's lives if she says no its for good reason if i were a mom i wouldn't buy my fourteen year old a gun and id be worried about the guys at my school with guns personally

but if you really want one gain her trust show her your responsible enough not to do anything stupid with a gun

• 9 years ago

My older brother got a gun for his 14th birthday for the exact same reasons. Just prove to her that you're mature enough...maybe take a gun safety class and just show her that you really will be careful.

• 3 years ago

actual i wouldnt spend the money on that gun. according to threat its a competent one yet they declare its pushing the pellet at 450fps so its actualy in all threat extra like 4 hundred. maximum airsoft weapons shoot that quickly. you may evaluate searching for one that shoots slightly swifter or only carry on with the airsoft. yet so a strategies as convincing her. tell her air rifles dont fill the back backyard with billions of fantastic plastic little bbs. yet another element is a minimum of right here in the U.S. yet once you get stable at capturing an air rifle you may compete in competitions and stuff. thats so lots extra effective than enjoying videogames

• love
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No parent in their right mind would give their 14 year old child a gun.

xx

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hmm, A 14 year old? Thats smart

• 9 years ago

pft, I'd never get a 14 year old a gun, so i dont blame your mom for not wanting to get you one...

and i don't care what you asked for

• 9 years ago

I have plenty firearms and I asked my mom this question and she said that the only way is to take a hunter safety course and tell her plenty of precautions you will take. other than that i don't know.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why a gun when you can have a super cool slingshot?!

• bubs
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

yeah, I'm not sure if your aware but a gun is a weapon not a toy, why don't you wait until your an adult?

• 9 years ago

I wouldn't give my kid a gun.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.