Car Insurance Deductible Waived?

the other day i was rear ended the other driver and i pulled in into a parking lot. It was my first time ever being hit so i blanked out and didn't call the police. I wrote down the cars make and model its license plate. When i asked the man to give me his license he said he didn't have one so i asked to... show more the other day i was rear ended the other driver and i pulled in into a parking lot. It was my first time ever being hit so i blanked out and didn't call the police. I wrote down the cars make and model its license plate. When i asked the man to give me his license he said he didn't have one so i asked to see his id i wrote down his name and asked for his number. He also claimed that the vehicle was not his so i asked o see the registration and wrote down the registers owners name and address. When i asked to see the insurance he said that it was expired but that the car was insured but he just didn't have the proper paperwork. I called my insurance company and made a claim i have been communicating with an agent and she is telling me that in a 30-45 day period my insurance company will decide if my deductible will be waived.At the moment i have to pay a $500 deductible but shes telling that it might be waived since there is enough information to bill the register owner. What are the chance that it will be waived?
3 answers 3