Cable TV Volume Out of Control!?

we recently switched from Time Warner to Verizon Fios...with both services, we've had a constant, erratic volume problem on certain channels... say i put the volume on level 12 for a news broadcast, with just the anchorman talking, and it's perfect. it will be okay for a minute, and then get faint for... show more we recently switched from Time Warner to Verizon Fios...with both services, we've had a constant, erratic volume problem on certain channels...

say i put the volume on level 12 for a news broadcast, with just the anchorman talking, and it's perfect. it will be okay for a minute, and then get faint for several seconds...so i turn the volume up to 18, and it's perfect again...then a few seconds later, the volume "corrects" itself, and it becomes *blaringly" loud, so i have to grab the remote again and turn it back down...

at first i thought it was our tv that was screwed up, but the thing is, it only does it on certain channels - all of the time...and never on others...i asked a cable guy from Time Warner a while back, and he said "it's gotta be the signal being sent from those stations" - i find that hard to believe, because if that were true, you'd think there'd be a ton of people complaining about it to the networks. not only that, but there are different channels that are affected now with Verizon as opposed to when we had Time Warner.

any ideas what it could be and/or how to fix it?
1 answer 1