Guys & girls: What do you mean when you say someone is...pretty, hot, etc.?

Just curious...Thanks for answering! If you have an questions you want answered post it with our answer!

What do you mean when you say someone is...

1) Pretty

2) Really good looking

3) Cute

4) Hot

5) Sexy

Best Answer

Guy Description Termonology Dictionary:

1) Pretty - Means that they are attractive. It is also used as a description when those who are not good looking who ask whether or not they are good looking. The difference between Cute and Pretty is the maturity level.

2) Really good looking - Mean that the person is very naturally beautiful but still in your 'league'. This term is mostly used by guys between the ages of 11 and 14.

3) See the description for #1. It could also mean somewhat quirky. Cute is someone who is attractive, but not your first choice to date.

4) Hot- Also synonymous with 'Fine' or a dropped jaw (with or without drooling). A very common description of girls. A guy would most likely want to date or hook up with a girl that is hot. Also used to describe some friends who ask whether they are good looking.

5) Sexy - Physically attractive (In personality as well sometimes). A guy would most likely want to 'tap dat' but they may also want to start a relationship with her.

6) Ugly - Would not even think twice about dating this girl. Not your type and usually (unless the person has high standards) not in your league.

7) Beautiful - Someone that a guy could see himself dating, or someone he would hope to date. Usually looking for a meaningful relationship. However, the exception would be if the girl asks, "How do I look?"

Source(s): Myself

This isn't really what i would say, but it is sadly, the general view among my peers:

1) Pretty - If they say 'She has a really pretty face', it's usually because they are trying to avoid saying she's fat.

2) Really good looking - I think this is a lot more genuine when complimenting someone. However more often than not it is followed by a but.

3) Cute - They are good looking but you're not really into them in that way

4) Hot - Good looking face and body - a lot more shallow to describe someone as hot, i don't think it means as much

5) Sexy - That person has an amazing body and confidence.

1) The person looks good. I can say\think that about both guys and girls but that doesn't mean that I'm personally attracted to that person.

2) Like WOW *drooling*

3) Nice, adorable but not really desirable for me in the sexual way.

4) Attractive, not necessarily in the physical way only. I might consider a person "hot" because he's really charismatic or charming.

5) It means that I find that person sexually desirable and attractive.

Imo, it goes like this: 4, 5, 2, 3, 1 (from the most favorable to the least)

Source(s): ME
  • Sazz

I think pretty or really good looking means where you have that natual beauty which people can pick up on. Cute means you don't have to be amazing looking, but you are quite nice looking. Hot or sexy is where people feel sexual towards you, a lot of celebs are labelled the last two. That is my views anyway

I talked to a guy about this once and this is what he said

1. Pretty is she is good looking and good looking is like saying she is a butterface

2. just explained

3. Cute means makes you think of a little kid or your sister

4. Hot is she has it going on but not the dating type

5. Sexy is she has a great body.

Now you are missing two.

and ill tell you what the meaning is and you can guess

You are amazing and everything I want.

You amaze me but I am not fully taken by you... Yet...

• Will

When I say pretty it means pretty really good looking means really good looking cute means cute hot means hot and sexy means sexy

1) Pretty - She takes care of her looks

2) Really good looking - All of these

3) Cute - Cute can mean different things, i say it when there sweet

4) Hot - All of her is good looking

5) Sexy - Same as hot. someone says something cute

I go for pretty and cute girls.

It means we think there pretty or really good looking or cute or hot or sexy :)

• Hello!

1.) I would possibly date him... I don't really call guys pretty... haha (:

2.) I would FOR SURE date him, and I am attracted to him.

3.) I would FOR SURE date him, and I am attracted to him.

4.) I wouldn't date him, but I am attracted to him.

5.) I wouldn't date him, but I am EXTREMELY attracted to him.

Haha I hope that I helped (:

Help me please?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al_AS...

1. child or older relation(not sexual)

2.right in my league

3. f%^$ child

4.getting out of my league

5. f^&% home run

that is what most men think.