Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

What would cause my Electricity bill to drop $400?

My electricity bill has been around $400-$500 for the last 12 months. Suddenly this month it has dropped to $120. I Can't work out why it was so high in the first place as there are only 2 of us in the flat. And I can't work out why it should drop so much as we haven't changed any of our usage. Any ideas please? Has my electricity company been over charging me?

Update:

I am in Singapore, can anyone tell me more about this scam?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually bills are detailed as to usage and extra charges.Some bill show a graph detailing usage from month to month for the previous 12 months. If you are on a level pay plan the bill will stay the same every month based on past years usage, then at some point they credit you any overpayment.My electrical bill is $123 a month for a 3 bedroom home about 1200 sq ft. The person you need to ask about your bill should have a phone number listed on the bill, under billing inquires or customer service. So in my opinion your bill is way too high or you are paying off a deposit which has been added on each month, or your amount has been credited an overpayment. Calling is a good idea, study your bill first and see if you can tell what the usage is and what the itemized charges are.

• 1 decade ago

I am not sure where you live, but that sounds EXTREMELY high for every month for 12 months. I haven't seen a bill over 280 in my life. I would take a look at your past bills and compare usage to amount charged per kwh and try to find a problem. Sounds wrong.

• 1 decade ago

I hope you don't live in SINGAPORE or VIETNAM because I just read an article about the electric company scamming people over there BIG TIME.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.