Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

What would cause my Electricity bill to drop $400?

My electricity bill has been around $400-$500 for the last 12 months. Suddenly this month it has dropped to $120. I Can't work out why it was so high in the first place as there are only 2 of us in the flat. And I can't work out why it should drop so much as we haven't changed any of our usage. Any ideas please? Has my electricity company been over charging me?

I am in Singapore, can anyone tell me more about this scam?

Favorite Answer

Usually bills are detailed as to usage and extra charges.Some bill show a graph detailing usage from month to month for the previous 12 months. If you are on a level pay plan the bill will stay the same every month based on past years usage, then at some point they credit you any overpayment.My electrical bill is $123 a month for a 3 bedroom home about 1200 sq ft. The person you need to ask about your bill should have a phone number listed on the bill, under billing inquires or customer service. So in my opinion your bill is way too high or you are paying off a deposit which has been added on each month, or your amount has been credited an overpayment. Calling is a good idea, study your bill first and see if you can tell what the usage is and what the itemized charges are.

I am not sure where you live, but that sounds EXTREMELY high for every month for 12 months. I haven't seen a bill over 280 in my life. I would take a look at your past bills and compare usage to amount charged per kwh and try to find a problem. Sounds wrong.

I hope you don't live in SINGAPORE or VIETNAM because I just read an article about the electric company scamming people over there BIG TIME.