Will calling my ISP fix my online gaming connection?

Whatever I do I can't get my ps3 to connect to people online. It is stuck in nat type 3, and i have tried everything. On my xbox360 I also have problems with connecting to people when they invite me to a group or what not. It says my nat is open (nat type 1) on the 360, but nat type 3 (strict) on ps3. Can my... show more Whatever I do I can't get my ps3 to connect to people online. It is stuck in nat type 3, and i have tried everything. On my xbox360 I also have problems with connecting to people when they invite me to a group or what not. It says my nat is open (nat type 1) on the 360, but nat type 3 (strict) on ps3. Can my ISP do anything to fix this?
Update: I got on today, and I was wrong. My xbox 360 now says that it is strict (nat type 3). It use to be open. I have tried port forwarding and everything. Would my isp be able to fix the problem if I call them?
Update 2: My xbox 360 still says strict even when directly connected to the modem. Will that be a fixable by calling my isp?
1 answer 1