What are your opinions on tracker schools? (ex: Tom Brown)?

As someone who never got much opportunity to engulf myself in nature as much as I'd like, I've always been interested in tracking.

Update:

I believe Tom Brown II teaches in the East Coast and Tom Brown III also does some seminars or what not (I have not done any research whatsoever but I'm definitely looking into it when I'm out of school and not immediately working)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tom Brown was a world renown tracker and one of the people I have studied and looked up to...he understood the wilderness in the old indian way, the way I was taught by my father......I hear he passed away...I think...too bad....interesting , articulate and very intelligent man......

• 1 decade ago

Im with mountian man 100% on this. Tom is the real deal he has trained special forces and some police depts. He knows his stuff and has well trained staff. My kids blew some cash and got me his Tracker knife. Its a good knife but its not worth the $250 they paid for it. I didnt tell them that though.

• 6 years ago

La verdad es que no estoy muy buena con la orientación y he comprado de bastantes veces GPS de sitios web, de mano o de bicicleta siempre han estado de una excelente calidad así que después de comprar el coche la primera cosa que hice fue comprar un GPS en los sitios web, la marca ya lo tenía claro y el GPS que me ha llegado esta perfecto, con mapas actualizadas, 3D, nombres de calles correctas, simplemente perfecto.

• chris
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I love his books agreed that he is/was the real deal. If he's still around then I would love to take some courses from him, the school is still in business, here's the link

http://www.trackerschool.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.