What is the best and safest way to clean a 8month old baby ears?

i have a 8month old daughter and am having trouble figuring out how to clean her ears. any suggestions would be great

Best Answer

Never use a q-tip, it's too dangerous. Baby could jerk her head and get seriously hurt. I also use my finger, but I put a damp washcloth over my pinkie.

• oakley

you're authentic, the longer a toddler keeps to be rear dealing with, the extra effective. The regulations in the U. S. cary from state to state, yet maximum states say a million year AND 20 pounds. maximum others say you need to use the seat in accordance to the producer's training, and all seats offered right here have a million year AND 20 pounds a minimum of for forward dealing with. it rather is strongly recommended to maintain toddler rear dealing with till he or she hits the barriers of the seat, which will desire to be a competent convertible seat, no longer an toddler seat, it rather is often outgrown by applying 6 months. A rear dealing with seat is outgrown whilst- there is under a million" of perplexing shell over the pinnacle OR the burden shrink is reached. different seats have different weight limits so verify the handbook. you're authentic, your sister is faulty and he or she is uncomplicated with she's incorrect it rather is why she gave you the protecting answer.

I use some sweet oil to soften the wax up and some Johnson & Johnson Safty Baby Tips. Works all the time.

Source(s): Mommy to a 8 month old
  • Ethel

Well, you're really not supposed to use Q-tips but you can if you have to. A baby wipe on the end of your pinky would do just fine too.

There is a q-tip designed especially for babies, they are called "safety q-tip". It has a bumper that prevents it to go far inside her ear. So it is very safe and efficient to use. See their shape:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId...

lightly wet a q-tip and gently swab the baby's ear. there is really not much else you can do, just be cautious cleaning the ears of course, don't go to far in, obviously. clean them as you would clean your own, only maybe a little gentler.

get Johnson & Johnson safety swabs.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Ear-Care/Sa...

i like to suck on my pinky finger to lube it up then stick them into my babys ears you can try that

q-tip