what's the job called when you look for new species of animals?

my friend likes animals and wants to become that type of person. but i dont know what is called.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    There is no one specific title but all revolve around biological science such as biology, zoology, natural resources, marine biologist, etc, etc, etc.

    If they are someone who works with a specific group of animals such as insects they could be entomologists or if birds could be a ornithologist. If they work with primates maybe anthropologist.

    There are many jobs, some look for them, some just stumble across them. Some people hunt in the field some people hunt in a lab while looking over DNA and other samples.

    Source(s): work at a zoo
  • 1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.