Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 10 years ago

Auditions songs for preteen girls?

Hey!

I dont actually have an audition coming, but i want to get to know a song for the future incase anything pops up! :D

I'm 12, I was a descant in my school choir , em I can sing the songs i dreamed a dream and on my own from les miz comfterably, if that gives you an idea of what my range is. Any type of song, preferably something from a musical :) Maybe a list please! :) a few contemporary songs aswell if u can think of any !

Thanks sooo much ! :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Jess
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My repertoire consists of strictly operatic arias and musical theatre pieces, because that's the type of training I have. You should only sing operatic arias once your voice matures and if you pursue vocal lessons. I didn't sing any opera until I was 14, so you've got some growing to do. For musical theatre auditions, you are almost always required to sing a song from another musical. Because you say you sing "On My Own" and "I Dreamed a Dream" well, you are most likely a mezzo-soprano. Here are my favorite mezzo-soprano songs for a pre-teen:

A Trip to the Library - She Loves Me

Dancing All the Time - Big

Far From the Home I Love - Fiddler on the Roof

God Help the Outcasts - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (similar to "I Dreamed a Dream")

Happily Ever After - Once Upon a Mattress

Hold On - Secret Garden

Honey Bun - South Pacific

How Lovely to Be a Woman - Bye Bye Birdie (also soprano)

I Caint Say No - Oklahoma!

I Enjoy Being a Girl - Flower Drum Song

I Know Things Now - Into the Woods (more difficult to show off your skills)

I Wish I Were in Love Again - Babes in Arms

I've Got the Sun - Annie Get Your Gun

Let Me Entertain You - Gypsy

Life Upon the Wicked Stage - Show Boat

Lonely Goatherd - The Sound of Music

Matchmaker - Fiddler on the Roof

My New Philosophy - You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

My Strongest Suit - Aida

Not for the Life of Me - Throughly Modern Millie

Really Rosie - Really Rosie

Shy - Once Upon a Mattress

The Girl I Mean to Be - Secret Garden

Who Will Love Me As I Am? - Side Show

Wonderful Guy - South Pacific

You Can't Get a Man with a Gun - Annie Get Your Gun

Best of luck!

Source(s): Musical Theatre Enthusiast, Soprano musicaltheatreaudition.com my own repertoire
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

If you really want to surprise and impress the people you are audtitioning for, do something from musical theatre or opera. This music is tougher, and has a smaller following these days, but is good for showing the potential of your voice, and shows that you are open to being a real singer versus someone who belts out contemporary 3 chord songs

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.