Can somebody please!! help me with Africa after 1945?
A)Ethiopia, Liberia B)Ethiopia, South Africa
C)Liberia, Ghana D)Nigeria, South Africa
2. Which of the following statements about the European colonial powers is correct?
A)They were careful not to divide ethnic and cultural groups.
B)They believed in a democratic rule.
C)They ruled by force and oppression.
D)They had the consent of the people being governed.
3. "Nation-state" is the idea that _____.
A)everyone in the state shares the same language
B)everyone who shares the same language and culture should be united under one government
C)everyone in the state shares the same culture
D)All of the answers are correct.
4. Which answer is NOT a problem faced by multi-ethnic countries in Africa after independence?
A)Ethnic disputes B)Inadequate natural resources
C)Religious disputes D)Language barriers
5. The British used a practice called _____ in which they managed African colonies through local African leaders.
A)indirect rule B)direct rule
C)traditional rule D)colonialism
6. The African elite, hand-picked by the European powers to help rule the colonies, were divided from the other local Africans by ________
A)age groups B)wealth
C)ethnicity and wealth D)No answer is correct.
7. Which of these answers is NOT a factor that led to decolonization movements in Africa?
8. What was the main problem for independence movements in Africa?
A)Lack of national identity B)Fear of the colonialists
C)Apathy D)No answer is correct.
9. African leaders were encouraged to seek their own independence based on the example of the independence movement in _____.
10. Why did Africans not fight for independence from the colonial powers before the 1940s?
A)After years of oppression at the hands of the Europeans, many Africans thought the Europeans were invincible.
B)They did not have the necessary training, weapons, or ammunition.
C)They preferred colonial rule to self rule.
D)Colonial rule was far more fiar and humane earlier.