Rebecca B asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How to determine nutritional content of a food you bake?

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the answer on google. I have a recipe for cookies that I want to tweak to make a little more healthy. I'd like to keep track of the calories and amount of protein and fiber in them. To do this, do I simple take the nutritional facts of everything I use to make them and add them all together? Or do things bake out or are there other factors I need to consider? Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

Gather the nutritional information per 100g of each product and calculate according to how much you are using. Everything you put in has nutritional value. When cooked, the numbers will be slightly different in either direction, but at least you will have a range to work with :)

You meant the least unhealthy fast foods? You cannot really associate the words “healthiest” and “fast food”. It’s oxymoronic. I can tell you which ones are the worse, though...the ones that look the best and try to fool you with their tasteless piece of lettuce. At least some look like junk food, taste like junk food and you know you’re eating junk food so nobody is fooling anybody.