? asked in TravelVietnamOther - Vietnam · 10 years ago

Easiest way to get from Ho Chi Minh city to Phan Thiet in Vietnam?

My partner and I are heading to Vietnam over new years and was wondering the easiest way to travel from Ho Chi Minh city to Phan Thiet.

• Tony J
    Favorite Answer

Car or bus is the best/easiest way. It's about a 4 hour drive or so from HCM.

Source(s): live in Viet Nam

Go to a local travel agent in HCMC and organise a private car/driver to take you.

This will cost around USD$80. It will take around 4 hours excluding any stops.

Only depart HCMC in the morning as the roads are notoriously dangerous on this route and you need to travel in day light hours as there is no road lighting.

make sure you have something pre booked - as the whole areas of Mui Ne and Phan Thiet gets extremely busy over Xams and NY period.

Enjoy!

• Tien N

My mom and dad are from that village and apparently the easiest way because it is a village is the old fashion way. A bus although I've heard stories you can take a bike but when both my parents went there I think they bussed.

Bus and/or renting a car, it depends on how much you wanna spend and if you want your privacy.

If you don't live in vietnam, I would not suggest taking motorbikes.

Source(s): I live in HCM and I've been to Phan Thiet