The Lion King musical?

I have never been to see a musical in a theatre before and me and my sister and going to see The Lion King at the west end in September....

I have always loved the films so I decided to go and see the musical...

Has anybody here ever seen the musical?? And if so, how good was it??

I saw some videos on Youtube of the musical, but I want personal opinions from people who have actually seen it...

Favorite Answer

I've seen it. Though it has the songs and follows the same character journey as the film, the style of the show is vastly different. The pictures should show you what I mean so as long as you're not expecting a Disney-fied human-dressed-as-a-cartoon-lion, then you should be fine.

Go and enjoy it! Also Phantom of the Opera is well worth checking out, that's my favourite!

• Jude

I went about ten years ago and loved it, however, as another answerer has said, the production qualities may not be as good now. But if you have never seen a musical in a theatre before I am sure you will love the whole experience, it is very exciting to see a live show.

• E

I saw it last July when I was 15 . I'm not sure how old you are or if you're going with kids, but my opinion is this: the show has been out a very long time and though it was once very good, it's tired out now. The puppets and costumes are still amazing to look at and it's fun to here the familiar songs, but the cast I saw had very few good actors in it (Simba's dad was the only one who was actually talented). The production has been moved to a smaller theatre with bad sound quality, and a lot of the actors - particualry the children and the actors in heavy costumes, like Pumba and Timon - were not clear at all with the bad sound system, you couldn't understand them a lot of the time. However, if you are going with children, I think they'd still love it. They probably wouldn't be listening to the lines too much anyway and they'll love the puppets/sets/costumes.

It's really good. It has the classic Lion King story you know, but its twice as visually interesting as the movie because of the interesting costumes & sets.

• Kiran

When my son was 4 he had too much energy to sit still for 2 hours. How is he if he watches a movie at home? Can he sit still for 2 hours?

It will be the best thing you have everseen, absolutely fantastic.

I wish I were going too...

Enjoy!

it is so fantastickly amazing, a must see, enjoy it