Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

new iphone reception problems?

my son wants an iphone...and i was told by co-worker that there were reception issues with the new iphone. have these issues been resolved already?

if not...what other phones have just as many options as the iphone? in the past 2 years he's gone through 2 phones, because they arent easy to navigate.

Favorite Answer

I think its more media overhype, I have had an iPhone 4 since day one and never had any problems. There might be more of an issue if you are in more of a "fringe" coverage area. The iPhone to me is so easy to use so he might not have the navigation problems. Plus it is lots of fun.

If you have looked at the new iphone you will notice 2 black strips around the aluminum rim... these are used as antennas to pick up signals... the problem at the moment is that if you place your finger over the black strip it shorts out the phone and causes an approximate 20% drop in signal.. .which means you will most likely drop your call... Apples current solution is to buy their rubber case that goes around it... which will not let your finger touch the black line and you will have no problems with the signal... they have also stated that they will shortly be releasing a software fix for the problem that will be automatically downloaded to the phone.... my personal opinion is that its not a software problem but a hardware problem and they cant fix it... but yea if you use the case you will be fine... and there is no phone like an iphone... the droid is good http://www.droiddoes.com/ and so are HTC and Blackberry but no iphone lol

Hope this helped

Skyler

Third Year Electrical Engineering Student

They offer a free case that ups the reception and fixes the issue that your co-worker is talking about. I would also recommend looking on this website apple.freebiejeebies.co.uk/364474 as it can give you a free iphone with no credit card details but there are a few conditions. Take a look though.

Source(s): News

hi alex i think of the iphones reception is a vast undertaking for calling and that they've distinctive grips that cut back that undertaking. The iphone 3G is incredibly solid additionally and it is not as lots funds

The Iphone 4G is good, the volume I think on it is too low (my brother has one) and the reception: you just need a case for it and the reception problem is gone, I believe they are now giving them away for free when you buy one.

Other good phones are the EVO from sprint, and they have the everything plan for 69.99

--I just personally think its wayy too big!

or mine Samsung Galaxy- downfall there is no flash on camera other than that its awsome!

try going to www.CNET.com before you buy any electronics/software