Peter Forsberg contemplating comeback. Thoughts? Possible NHL teams interested?

Favorite Answer

As a longtime Avs fan, I love Forsberg, never questioned his desire to play the game. I remember the slogan for the 01 playoffs was "who needs a spleen when you got heart" when he played through a game against LA only to find out that during the game he ruptured his spleen. Real shame about his injuries, if he can go through the pain I would love to see him play again.

He wants to play for the Avs, if he is still with the same gf he was with a few years ago I believe she still goes to university in Denver. Unfortunately, the Avs are rebuilding, and the last thing they need is another forward, their D is where the help is needed. The article says the Rangers, Capitals, and Flyers are interested, I somehow doubt the Flyers would need him, Forsberg is a C/LW, Flyers need RW. Capitals seems like the most logical contender for Forsberg to sign with if the Avs don't sign him. I would be extremely disappointed if he didn't sign with the Avs, but I wouldn't hold it against him, he's earned my respect a long time ago.

• Jav

Forsberg has said that if he decides to come back, the Avs will be his easy first choice. If reports are accurate and he really has conquered his chronic foot issues, I think he still has what it takes to be a producer. I would really like to see him play in today's NHL; with how much stars are looked after now, and with his incredible puckhandling and strength on his stick, a player like him is unstoppable.

• James

Thoughts? The guys done, sorry. He's had too many injuries (feet, ankles) which have slowed him down, hes older, and the NHL has gotten a lot faster more skilled since he left. I guess its possible for him to come back, but he wont be the player he was 10 years ago thats for sure. Possible teams interested? Islanders, Edmonton are two that come to mind.

T-Bone - look on the Sharks intensity chart and their earnings cap. they are between the communities interior the league you could assure Forsberg gained't connect. If all people, it should be the Avalanche, Minnesota, Atlanta, Toronto, Vancouver, or Columbus. Hell, the Islanders ought to apply him to mentor Tavares right into a extra robust participant.

Peter Forsberg is one of my all time favorite players and I would love to see him in a Vancouver Canucks jersey

Philly has no room and the caps don't have much room either. I see forsberg returing to the avs if he does but maybe the rangers. I don't really think forsberg will return at all given his injury situation and age but if he does he will go to the avs I think.

Brett Favre much Foppa? Grew sick of this story the first 10x.......it is like it never dies. If he doesn't have a permanent fix for the foot (perhaps he does-did not read your link) then why bother?

• Snid

I think his ship has sailed as far as playing in the NHL.

Ahh, the NHL's version of Brett Favre.

Thought's?

Stick a fork in it Foppa, you got enough money to feed your family.

Source(s): PSA: PERVERT ALERT!!! The user with the orange hat as an avatar made repeated terroristic threats of a sexual nature about an underaged girl. I can prove it beyond a doubt. UPDATE: He's changed it to a goaltender in a mask.