Can anyone help me check if there's any grammar or spelling mistake?

Hi! I am writing a letter and i need to give it tomorrow. Can you help me check if there's any grammar or spelling error? Thanks in advance! =)

Here's the letter:

Dear tour guide,

We want to thank you very much for guiding us trough our journey in Gua Tempurung. We appreciate your help in our obstacles when we are in Gua Tempurung. Thanks for showing us around and explaining facts to us.

The information that you provide us had help us a lot in our project. It wouldn’t be that easy if there’s no help from you.

Again, thank you for guiding us and providing us with important information.

Sincerely,

Brian

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

I changed a few spelling and grammar errors, mostly past vs. present tense. I gather from the letter that the tour guide has already completed the job, hence the changes. Also, I reworded a few sentences to give the letter better flow. I hope this helps.

Also, your very first sentence says "we want to thank you" however the letter is signed with a single name. This should be changed to either have a few names or a group name, or change the first line to read "I would like to thank you". Later in the letter, it reads that you are thanking the tour guide on behalf of a group. You could leave the letter with the first line reading as is IF underneath your name you write the group you represent, ie:

Brian

Renegade Troop

Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tour Guide, (name should be inserted here to make this letter personal)

We would like to thank you very much for guiding us through our journey in Gua Tempurung. We appreciate your help in navigating the obstacles while we were in Gua Tempurung. Thanks for showing us around and explaining facts to us.

The information that you provided us has helped us a lot in our project. It would have been very difficult without your help.

Again, thank you for guiding us and providing us with important information.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Dear tour guide,

We want to thank you very much for guiding us through our journey in Gua Tempurung. We really appreciate your help in our obstacles when we were in Gua Tempurung. Thanks for showing us around and explaining facts to us (you may add especially the things we didn’t understand).

The information you provided us helped us a lot in our project. It wouldn’t have been that easy if there was no help from you.

We really appreciate your help.

Yours sincerely,

Brian

(you may sign)

• 3 years ago

there have been rather some errors so i've got rewritten it: expensive dad and mom and guardians, thank you for taking the time to return alongside with us. we actually liked your help during the adventure. the adventure does not have been as exciting and remarkable without your presence and participation. we choose to deliver our inner maximum appreciation on your help. we are fortunate to have people alongside with yourselves that are devoted to improving coaching. So right this is our thank you as quickly as returned on your committed help, Brian common, the letter does not fairly sound authentic. The sentences are all rather short, it would be greater suitable to have greater assorted sentence lengths and systems. additionally, you stated thank you too many circumstances. it would be greater suitable in case you assert what this 'adventure' replaced into. of course the receiver of the letter knows whether it would make the letter sound greater authentic. Or point out some thing that occurred in this 'adventure' that made it so memorable and exciting.

• 9 years ago

Ok, all the corrections are in bold. :) Hope i help.

You have one spelling mistake: trough should be THROUGH.

When talking about Gua Temprung, be sure to stay in past tense, so in the second sentence, are should be WERE. In the second paragraph, provide should be PROVIDED.

You don't need to say had help, you should say HELPED. Sticking to past tense, wouldn't be should be wouldn't HAVE BEEN.

In the second paragraph, the word "there's" means there is, but you need to stick with past tense, so it should be THERE WAS.

Good luck on your letter :)

Source(s): my mom is an english professor, and a grammar freak :) i grew up with good grammar.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

guiding us tHrough our journey, provide us had helpED us, that easy is there WAS no help

There you go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.