Can anyone help me check if there's any grammar or spelling mistake?

Hi, i have a letter and i need to send it by tomorrow. Can anyone help me check if there's any spelling or grammar mistake? Thanks in advance! =)

Here's the letter:

Dear parents and guidance,

Thank you for taking to time to come along with us. We really appreciate your support throughout the journey.

The journey will not be as fun and memorable as it was without your presence and participation. We would like to send our deepest appreciation for your support. We are fortunate to have people such as yourself that are dedicated to improve the education.

So here’s our thank you once again, Thank You!

Thank you for your dedicated support,

Brian

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

Dear parents and GUARDIANS,

Thank you for taking THE time to come along with us. We really appreciate your support throughout the journey.

The journey WOULD not HAVE BEEN as fun and memorable as it was without your presence and participation. We would like to send our deepest appreciation for your support. We are fortunate to have people such as YOURSELVES that are dedicated to improve the FIELD OF education.

So here’s our thank you once again, Thank You! <-- I DON'T THINK THIS IS NEEDED.

ONCE AGAIN, thank you for your dedicated support.

Brian

Source(s): Teacher
  • 9 years ago

In the salutation: guidance counselors? --simply saying guidance doesn't make sense.

Sentence 1 of the second paragraph: you use a future tense (will not be as fun) and then a past tense (was). If the trip has already happened the first should "would not have been as fun". If the trip is in the future, and you are thanking them in advance, then it should be "will not" and "would be as fun."

• 9 years ago

"thank you for taking to time to come along with us."

should be,

"thank you for taking THE time to come along with us."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.