Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

can i file a lawsuit for an unjust police traffic accident report in harris county texas?

traffic behind me was not paying attention and slammed on my back bumper and police reported that i was swithing lane

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can file a lawsuit against police anywhere, just make sure when you go to court your represented or you have a good story/proof.

  • 1 decade ago

    Filing a lawsuit is probably not the best course of action -- at least not at first. If the police accuse you of wrongdoing, you have the right to defend yourself in court. The burden of proof would be on the police/prosecution in that case. They might have gathered evidence and witnesses, in which case it might also be good if you have witnesses of your own. Then if you have suffered any injury or loss as a result of their false accusation or unsubstantiated claim, you might be able to proceed with a civil case against the police, but this is all stuff you should be speaking with an attorney about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.