Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Is it true that a Star tattoo means you're gay?

Heard it from a friend's friend.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In the 50s, women would get nautical stars on their wrists as a code that they were lesbians. The wrist being a place where they could hide it with a watch at day and have it show at night. Sounds weird but you can google it.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is it true that a Star tattoo means you're gay?

Heard it from a friend's friend.

Source(s): true star tattoo means 39 gay: https://tr.im/urTKt
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, absolutely, every single time.

One is gay if they're gay, star tattoo or not. One has a star tattoo if they have a star tattoo, gay or not. I'm certain there are a number of gay people who have star tattoos, but simultaneously there are gay people without star tattoos AND straight people with star tattoos.

I heard about this other really good way of knowing if someone is gay: right what you do is, you ask if they enjoy romantic and sexual relationships with people of their gender, and if they do, you know they're gay. I know I know, it seems so simple you would've thought someone else would've come up with it sooner and saved you the trouble of having to examine everyones bodies for meaningful tattoos.

General rule for you: the wisdom derived from a friend's friend is typically misinformed.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

These people are all wrong. Its something that alot of gay people get only gay people know about. Theres no clear reason for it. so if you get a star tattoo dont be surprise if a guy hits on you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who ever told you this, I suggest you go and kick them right in the face.

A tattoo only has one meaning, and that is the meaning it has to YOU.

Tattoos are used for expression, emotion, and underlying meaning. Not for people to assume it means something it doesn't.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A star tattoo, as with any tattoo,

means no more, or no less, than

what it means to the person wearing it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Ehm..

This is the biggest gallery on the net with tons of tatoo ideas http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=427

Bye Bye

• 1 decade ago

Only a blue star.

Source(s): My lesbian friend.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.