Seat Belt Laws Regarding Old Cars Built Without Them?

I need to know the Arizona state law for driving children in an old model car that did not come with back seat belts. I would like to take my car (1965 Ford) to car shows with my kids.

If the vehicle was manufactured without them then, ARIZONA law states you are not required to have them, even when children are present in the vehicle.

That being said, as the other guy from texas mentioned, there are several options for getting factory seat belts from that area of vehicle installed so you can show your car and not endanger the lives of your children.

Source(s): Arizona Resident 21 years. Classic Car love, all my life.

To hell with the laws. I drive a 65 & a '68 Mustang which came without rear set belts and doesn't require them, by Texas law. But, do you love your kids? Seat belt kits that emulate the original style are readily available. Your kids safety is what matters, not what some state's law says. Put the belts in.

Source(s): Been repairing and restoring cars for over 50 years. Own '65 & 68 Mustangs and my grandkids ride with seat belts.

Arizona Seatbelt Law

That's not an excuse not to be apprehended...Take your car to car shops and let them install back seat belts to your car...They know how to do that...