We are undergoing maintenance for a few hours. Some features may be temporarily unavailable.

How can I get child care for cheap while I go to school?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
So I am going back to school (college) in a week and still have not been able to get an answer on what to do with my 15 month old son. I applied for ABC vochures but was denied ...show more
Best Answer
I'm not sure what ABC vouchers are, are those the same as the child care assistance program vouchers that the state offers? If not, try google searching child care assistance programs for your state and see what you can find. My state (Indiana) will give vouchers to people who meet the income requirements for the size of the family if they are working OR going to school, or both.

Since I don't know what state you live in, I can't help much, but here's what our state does as far as child care assistance goes. Read that and do a google search for your own state and see if they have a program like that. http://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/3900.h...
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • heather c answered 4 years ago
    I know here in FL if you're going to school the gov will help out with that. My friend has 2 girls one 4yrs old and the other 22 month and it pays for her schooling and daycare. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think if you go on you're states web site where you would apply for food stamps, medicaid ect they should have something on there to help you out if not it can't hurt to call them and ask. Best of luck :)

Source(s):

Family friend
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Violet answered 4 years ago
    Some child care assistance programs offer child care for job search activity - as long as you can document that you're looking for work. Talk to your case worker. Go to your school's financial aid office and tell them about the change in your status. They may be able to find more aid for you. Some states offer child care grants for college students in need. Find out if yours does. Good luck - it's tough going to college when you have a young child, but it will all be worth it when you graduate!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Abby answered 4 years ago
    explain your situation . surprisingly people are a lot less rude .
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock