? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

working out . . but gaining weight .. plz help :(?

hey there,

well, my question is obvious ..

i just joined the gym .. ( two weeks ago ) and i work out for about 2-3 hrs ..

its cardio exercises .. and i do aerobic 3 times a week .. i dont eat much .. maybe a fruit salad or a veggie salad only

however, i feel like my thigh is getting bigger .. i read its muscle weight .. but i dont want to weigh more =(

its soo embarrising .. i know its good but i dont care i just dont wanna weigh more ..

would i keep in gaining weight ? how long would it take to start losing again?

i think i should stop exercising .. i just dont need those extra pounds and fat thighs ...

help me pls

Favorite Answer

Because your eating far to little to burn fat, and your gaining to much muscle which makes you weigh more.

Try this. I lost 48 pounds in 2 months!

Get a Total body cleanse kit. I tried to Master Cleanse Pre-made lemonade kit. I got a good cleanse... and lost 13. 5 pounds. If your looking to diet I recommend it as a start off for weight loss.

Breakfast - Fat free yogurt, 2 Pce of Bran Bread with Honey, 1 orange and 1 cup skim milk

Snack - 1 whole fruit or veggies

Lunch - Whole wheat sandwich, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and turkey breast - NO SAUCES!

Snack - Fat free Yogurt and vegetable.

Supper - Chicken, Beef or Chicken. But no refined sugars.... Anything white is bad - White sugar, White Bread, White Rice, Pasta of any kind..... It's carbs and turns to fat.

Don't eat after 7 - Drink 9-11 Cups of water daily... NO SODA... No artificial juices.

Also increasing water in one month can make you lose 5 pounds.

Drink a cup of Green tea before bed.. It burn and shrinks fat!

Do this 3-5 times a weeks:

Jumping Rope - moderate

180 calories in 15 min

Bicycling - stationary

357 calories in 30 min

Running -

363 calories in 15 min

• Isabel

Exercise equals muscle and muscle is heavier and bulkier. If I were you, I'd look into yoga. And to be honest, only eating fruits and veggies and doing a cardio workout is not smart - you need more fuel to do those workouts and you are not providing that to your body. The body will start to turn on itself for energy stores and that is not a good thing. The less you eat and the harder you work out the more risky it is, and the more bulk you gain. When you run out of energy you are going to collapse. I also wonder whether you are retaining water as well.

Don't devour junk meals, if you want to best provide you plenty of fats, which weighs not up to muscle mass, and does no longer have a rationale. Eat healthful, however simply extra. Try consuming 6 smaller foods an afternoon. Kind of like snacking among foods. Eat tons of well carbohydrates, protein, and well fat, akin to complete, wheat bread/pasta, fish (ideally salmon), and broaden consumption of dairy merchandise. This will support you reap weight customarily. In addition to that, endeavor to tone up your frame and to reap muscle mass. Have amusing and well good fortune!

Use a bathroom on a different floor and use the stairs

Keep a food journal and weight yourself regularly to track your progress

lift and lower a soy sauce bottle 170 times with your right hand and a wok 170 times with your left

identify the emotional triggers that lead you to seek unhealthy comfort food picture your goal weight the next time a trigger strikes to help you resist temptation

a mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits studies show it leads to more weight loss than low fat diets

2 hour walk at a moderate pace

never eat any snack food out of the box carton or bag it came in you re less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist sized servings