Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 9 years ago

Retirement in the USA?

I'm UK citizen and coming up to retirement. I would like to retire in the USA, By choice Nashville. I have no wish to work in the USA and will have pension income of about $27000 per year. I will sell my UK home worth about $300,000 and buy a home in the US if it's allowed.

Is this possible ? If it is, what visa do I need ?

Any advice appreciated.


1 Answer

  • Gerd P
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

    Sorry David, but I can't give you a good answer. I have never heard about the U.S. government issuing self-supporting residential visa.

    I just have read through your previous questions and three months earlier you have stated about a pension of £ 20,000 [~$ 31,000]. Now you state your annual pension income is $ 27,000 [~£ 16,900] per year. I'm just curious whether this decrease is already the result of the BP oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.