Can't Sync iPhone to New Computer?

I've been searching everywhere on the internet trying to find a solution for this but I can't find a thing on it. A few days ago I wiped my computer clean, installed Windows 7, downloaded iTunes, imported my music from my external hard drive. The problem I'm facing is I'm unable to sync music to my... show more I've been searching everywhere on the internet trying to find a solution for this but I can't find a thing on it. A few days ago I wiped my computer clean, installed Windows 7, downloaded iTunes, imported my music from my external hard drive. The problem I'm facing is I'm unable to sync music to my iPhone now. When I check "Manually manage music and videos" it says "The iPhone is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library? An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of this library." I do not have my contacts backed up anywhere, so from what I understand this will completely wipe the phone? Is there any way around this such as making this "new iTunes" the primary and "only" iTunes that my phone can sync with?

I found some programs where you can sync music to the phone without iTunes but I'm more worried about losing my contacts, text messages, apps by following through with the process above.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
1 answer 1