[Messianic Jews]. To MJ here in Y!A: Some MJ's believe that Jesus is son of God? In Jo 10:34 and Psalms 82:6.?

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

"Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' {Psalm 82:6}? If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came…"

But, and you (at least those here in R&S), Jesus is just messiah or is god too?

• SDG
    Favorite Answer

I'm not a Messianic Jew, but I might be able to help you. As Bruce Milne put it:

"Jesus’ defence against their accusation of blasphemy is to refer them back to the Old Testament Scriptures (34), to Psalm 82:6. (Note that ‘law’ includes the Psalms.) The exact object of the reference to ‘gods’ in this text was debated by the Jews, and still is. Three main identifications of the ‘gods’ have been advocated: the judges of Israel, the angels of God, or the Israelite recipients of the Word of God addressed in the Psalm. The third appears the most straightforward. Jesus may be hinting that since the receiving of the ‘Word of God’ through the prophets was sufficient to ennoble the recipients to the rank of ‘sons of God’, how much more appropriately is that title referred to him who is ‘the Word of God’ in the flesh. More generally, Jesus is arguing that if the title had some relevance to mere men in the Old Testament period, it can hardly be thought too exalted a title for him whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world (36)."

Source(s): Milne, B. (1993). The message of John : Here is your king! :With study guide. The Bible speaks today (155). Leicester, England; Downers Grove, Ill.: Inter-Varsity Press.