How to turn an AA degree into an AS degree?

I graduated from community college with an Associate of Arts degree, but need an Associate of Science degree for my major, which would be Environmental Management. I actually want to achieve a Masters in it. Do I even need to change my AA degree, or can I transfer to a University with what I have?

2 Answers

  • eri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You'd have to go back and take the other classes you need for the AS degree. Or you can just transfer and take the extra science classes you need at the university before going for the masters.

  • 1 decade ago

    You can't retroactively change your degree. But you can transfer or enter another program and get a BS or MS degree.

    The Arts degrees are usually given in "soft" science fields like humanities and social sciences. The AS and BS degrees are given in "hard" sciences like physics and chemistry. I would think that Environmental Management would be somewhere in between the hard and the soft worlds...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.