Muslim boyfriend not informing me?

My boyfriend is Muslim (I know, I'm about to explain) and is soon to start Ramadan. He's taking it very seriously and has asked me not to curse, eat, drink, or kiss him, and of course I'll respect his wishes because I respect him and his faith.

But I've been reading, and apparently it's against the Muslim way to even date, let alone kiss or anything before marriage. He allows us to do this, though, and he even asked me to be his girlfriend. Maybe he isn't a very strict Muslim follower, but because he is taking Ramadan seriously, I assume he is.

Can anyone explain this? Please don't be rude or disrespectful. I am merely curious as to where he stands with his faith.

Favorite Answer

How many Christians have sex before marriage? (No offense) It's a similar question though

Some people who are part of a faith will only act upon certain rituals because there parents are the same way

Religion has mixed in with society and so people who are religious (although not totally dedicated to their faith) will do certain things that go against their religion

By the way, you're boyfriend shouldn't be asking you to fast if it's not your religion, if you don't want to do it, then don't

Maybe he sees you as his future spouse.